General Manager 5 - University Dining
You are inspired by great ingredients and creative cooking. At Sodexo, we bring these together for culinary innovation!!
**Relocation Assistance Provided**
Sodexo is seeking a General Manager 5 - University Dining to support Washington University in St. Louis, MO!!
Washington University in St. Louis’ campuses are located near the cultural center of St. Louis, surrounded by and adjacent to museums, performance venues, vibrant entertainment and dining districts, one of the nation’s largest civic parks, and beautiful, tree-lined neighborhoods rich in history and diversity.
The campuses are well served by the region’s light rail and bus service, and have easy access to major interstate highways. In total, more than 2,000 acres and more than 150 major buildings comprise the university.
The General Manager is a highly visible role - will direct and participate in all of the daily food operations. Responsibilities include overseeing overall food and service operations, working with unit financials, HR functions, direct customer interaction and management employees.
An ideal candidate will build long-lasting relationships, have excellent communication skills, knowledgeable in catering and experience managing high volume resident dining with retail food service business
Additional Job Responsibilities include:
- Integrate fully within our client's organization becoming a trusted advisor and member of the accounts leadership team.
- Work to achieve company and client financial targets and goals.
- Work to achieve high quality customer and client satisfaction scores.
- Responsible for all Sodexo and client required reporting.
- Responsible for collaborating with the client on achieving annual operational projects and goals.
- Ensure compliance to food safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards.
- Must meet (or exceeding) Sodexo standards of operations.
- Creates a positive environment and successfully motivates and manages team.
Reporting to the District Manager, the ideal candidate will possess:
- 3-5 years food service leadership experience, preferably within campus dining.
- Strong working knowledge of food safety/sanitation guidelines.
- The ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Computer literacy.
- Excellent communication, leadership and customer service skills.
- Experience with Sodexo systems (preferred).
- Exceptional client relations skills.
- Experience with budget and report management.
Learn more about WashU: https://wustl.edu/
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management and Catering positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management specializing in Catering. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.