General Manager 5 - University Dining
A passion for helping people and attention to detail are the hallmarks of your success.
*RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE!*
Sodexo is seeking an experienced General Manager 5 - University Dining to support Lindenwood University in Saint Charles, MO!!
This role, provides our candidate an opportunity to earn accountability and positions them to grow their multi-unit management experience in the company.
This candidate will manage Resident Dining, Retail, Catering and Concessions for a nationally and internationally known university for innovation, entrepreneurship, and extraordinary dedication to students. The school has a strong athletic programs with over 1,300 student-athletes. Since 2015, the NCAA sports have captured 17 national championships, including 13 individual champions. The NCAA Athletics Department has 30 sports competing at the NCAA Division I level.
The General Manager is a highly visible role - will direct and participate in all of the daily food operations. Responsibilities include overseeing overall food and service operations, working with unit financials, HR functions, direct customer interaction and management employees.
An ideal candidate will build long-lasting relationships, have excellent communication skills, knowledgeable in catering and experience managing high volume resident dining with retail food service business!
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Have a demonstrated history of excellent financial acumen in a multi-unit dining setting
- Have 5 years of food operations management experience at a General Manager level in a university setting or other high-volume dining
- Have a demonstrated history of successful, diverse team leadership within a food service environment
- Be proficient in use of on-line Food Management Systems for menu and recipe planning, ordering and inventory and financial reporting
- Demonstrate proven financial acumen and have demonstrated success managing food and labor costs and budgets
- Be a people person with a strong focus with maintaining positive client relations and experience successfully mentoring and developing staff and teams
- Be a solid leader who is perceptive and applies attention to details that make a difference in quality and presentation of food, while providing exceptional customer service
- Be customer and client focused, including providing quality dining options in a welcoming dining environment
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- Solid organizational skills
- Excellent leadership and team building skills
- The ability to grow the business for multi-unit operations
Learn more about Lindenwood University
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Campus, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.