General Manager, Aviation Lounge 1
We are the Communities we serve!
This account is part of the SodexoMAGIC portfolio of business.
Sodexo Live!'s Airport Lounge Segment is seeking a General Manager, Aviation Lounge 1 at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL). Our premium lounges are dedicated space for elite passengers to relax, rejuvenate and enjoy food from the buffet or order beverages from the full-service bar. We are seeking a dynamic and energetic manager who is focused on elevating guest experience.
As the General Manager of the busiest of our ATL Delta Lounges, you will have responsibility for daily operations and service staff including food and beverage operations managers, supervisors, bartenders and appearance care (custodial staff) for this club that serves several thousand passengers daily.. This is a hands-on management role and will be very active in daily service operations. The ideal candidate will have food & beverage knowledge/experience, a strong eye for detail, overall excellent service standards and most important, be a true team leader. As the General Manager you will also be responsible for financials and cost controls.
If you have experience managing food and beverage outlets at a hotel, private club or other upscale hospitality venue, we want to hear from you!
The successful candidate will:
- have oversight of daily food operations and deliver a high-quality product;
- achieve company and client financial targets and goals;
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships;
- motivate, coach, mentor and develop frontline (hourly) staff; and/or
- ensure Sodexo standards are met to include compliance with company food and physical safety programs.
- Fully versed in Profit and Loss, inventory and fiscal responsibilities of operating a stand alone business.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have a work history demonstrating strong leadership skills and the ability to work collaboratively with all levels of the organization;
- possess the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and exhibit a passion for a high-level of customer service;
- exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and/or
- demonstrate working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production and management systems as well as menu graphics programs;
- has experience in financials, preparation and oversight.
The SodexoMAGIC partnership represents the union of two global brands that operate at peak performance. Sodexo, a long-standing leader in “quality of life solutions” around the globe, and Magic Johnson Enterprises, the brainchild of NBA all-star Earvin Magic Johnson, who literally took the game to new heights. To learn more about SodexoMAGIC and read a message from Earvin “Magic” Johnson himself click here.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Learn more about Sodexo Live! and our Airline Lounges: Click Here
Away from the hustle and bustle of the airport, the airport lounges are dedicated spaces for elite passengers to relax, rejuvenate and enjoy chef created dishes or order from the full-service bar which serves premium wine and spirits.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Responsible for general management of an account/unit providing one or more core services (Core Services of: Lounge Operations and may include any of: Complementary Food and Bar, Food For Sale, Appearance Care, Credential Desk, Purchasing and Concierge Services. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.