General Manager, Aviation Lounge 2
Hospitality is making your guests feel at home.
The Sodexo Airport Lounge team is seeking a General Manager, Guest Services to oversee all food and beverage operations for an upscale, premium airport lounge operation at John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK). This dynamic leader will lead, cultivate, and develop our on-site team to ensure superior guest experience and engagement, consistently high brand and service standards, and operational excellence with a focus on continuous improvement through training, coaching and hospitality.
The ideal candidate is a savvy, seasoned hospitality professional with a disciplined approach to guest experience, food and beverage operations and cultivating a robust client relationship.
The successful candidate will:
- Have oversight of daily food operations and deliver a high-quality product.
- Achieve company and client financial targets and goals.
- Develop and maintain client and customer relationships.
- Motivate, coach, mentor and develop management, frontline (hourly) staff; and/or
- Ensure Sodexo standards are met to include compliance with company food and physical safety programs.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- Have a work history demonstrating strong leadership skills and the ability to work collaboratively with all levels of the organization.
- Possess the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and exhibit a passion for a high-level of customer service.
- Are fully versed in Profit and Loss, inventory, and fiscal responsibilities of operating a standalone business.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production, and management systems as well as menu graphics programs; and/or
- Have experience in financials, preparation, and oversight.
Sodexo Live! - Make the most of every moment - Click here!
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Responsible for general management of an account/unit providing one or more core services (Core Services of: Lounge Operations and may include any of: Complementary Food and Bar, Food For Sale, Appearance Care, Credential Desk, Purchasing and Concierge Services. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.