Let your passion for people be the driver of your success at Sodexo. Through your leadership, your team will make a real impact every day.
Sodexo is seeking a General Manager at our Campus Commons community in Sacramento, CA. This is a great independent living community with fantastic residents. This key leadership position is directly responsible for the successful operation of the kitchen and dining services on campus. The General Manager will oversee a team of managers to ensure client, customer service/satisfaction with efficient cost-effective management that both meets and exceeds expectations. Prior food service management experience in either a senior living, healthcare, retail or upscale dining is desired.
The successful candidate will:
- have oversight of day-to-day dining and culinary operations;
- Interface closely and daily with residents, client executive level leadership and client board members;
- control and ensure company and client financial targets and goals are achieved;
- ensure that the highest possible standards of food handling and preparation are achieved;
- be ServSafe certified with a strong working knowledge of HACCP monitors for regulatory compliance.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have at least five years prior management experience in culinary production and dining services, preferably in a senior living or country club setting; a background overseeing multiple dining venues and catered events is an added plus;
- solid financial acumen, with knowledge of operating budgets, food ordering, inventory, employee scheduling, menu development and point-of-sale systems;
- have a work history demonstrating strong leadership skills and the ability to work collaboratively with all levels of the organization;
- possess the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and exhibit a passion for a high-level of customer service;
- have culinary experience and a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance;
- are enthusiastic, confident and warm;
- have a positive approach to tasks with a can-do attitude and impeccable attention to detail.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits the begin on your 1st day! Benefits include generous paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Directs all contract management service operations at a single account/unit. Plans and supervises special functions. Maintains cash control and payroll records. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account
Provides local leadership and strategic direction while developing team for new and emerging business solutions that sustain growth in the day to day operations.
- Provides team leadership & training
- Controls unit financials
- Directs daily food operations for quality & safety standards
- Supervises day to day activities
- Delegates authority
- Assigns & prioritizes activities
- Monitors operating standards
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Support workplace inclusion activities
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.