Gift Shop Team Member at Franklin Park Zoo
- Boston, MA, USA
Job Listing: Specialty Retail Cashier
Nothing beats the power of being at a live event. That's why we're proud to announce the launch of Sodexo Live!, our brand dedicated to the sports, events and hospitality industry. We concentrate all of our skills, insight, and experience into one brand that instinctively knows how to make the most of every moment. Let's go Live! together.
Location: We are seeking Gift Shop Team Members for the Franklin Park Zoo located in Boston, MA.
Pay: Position starts at $16.00 per hour
The Franklin Park Zoo is a 72 acres zoo located in Boston, Massachusetts. Franklin Park Zoo is home to incredible animals from around the globe. Visitors can stand face-to-face with the Zoo's seven western lowland gorillas at one of five glass viewing stations in the state-of-the-art indoor exhibit. Within 30 minutes of The Franklin Park Zoo, the Stone Zoo is a medium- to small-sized zoo of about 26 acres in Stoneham, Massachusetts. Founded in 1905, the zoo includes low-lying areas densely developed with smaller exhibits for animals as well as rocky forested hillsides devoted to larger habitats for Species Survival Plan programs.
The Gift Shop Team Member is responsible for ensuring that guests receive an exceptional level of service within Sodexo Live!'s gift shop outlets and points of sale.
The Gift Shop Team Member will support Sodexo Live!'s goal to be #1 in Event Hospitality by upholding Sodexo Live!'s standards for handling cash and credit card transactions.
- Provide outstanding service to all Gift Shop customers.
- Ensure that policies and procedures for processing customer sales transactions are adhered to.
- Ensure quality and safety standards are maintained.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and effectively implement written and verbal instructions.
- Strong team orientation and ability to work with a variety of departments to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Ability to perform simple mathematical calculations, to include addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Ability to utilize a calculator, change counters and manually count and accurately make change for transactions involving large sums of money.
- Ability to work well independently.
- Ability to work well in a high stress, fast paced environment.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used by guests who typically visit the work location.
- Technology aptitude for working with POS and digital register.
- Strong skills for providing guest service with keen ability to connect easily with customers.
- Able to work effectively and safely while subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.