Hospitality Supervisor Quick Serve - Houston Museum of Natural Science
- Houston, TX, USA
- 21 per hour
- Full Time
Job Listing: Hospitality Supervisor - Quick Serve
At Sodexo Live!, we take pride in crafting exceptional events at the most prestigious venues on the planet and creating lasting memories for fans, visitors, guests and team members. Working with Sodexo Live! is more than a job; it's a chance to be part of something greater. Here, you'll build a career where 'everyday' is anything but normal.
Our experiences are unique, and so are our people. Bring your personality, your background and your desire to delight others. In return, we'll give you all you need to thrive. After giving it all, you'll return home knowing that you've played your part in creating a truly unforgettable moment.
- 2022 Forbes Best Employer for Diversity
- 2022 Front Office Sports Best Employers in Sports
- 2022 Disability Equality Index (DEI) Perfect Score
Location: We are seeking an experienced Hospitality Supervisor - Quick Serve for the Houston Museum of Natural Science.
The Houston Museum of Natural Science was founded in 1909 on the idea that science can enhance everyone's lives. As one of the most heavily attended museums in the United States, and a favorite thing to do in Houston, HMNS at Hermann Park has five floors of permanent exhibits, spanning astronomy, space science, Native American culture, paleontology, energy, chemistry, geology, seashells and Texas wildlife, alongside a slew of rotating special exhibitions.
The Hospitality Supervisor - Quick Serve is responsible for ensuring that guests receive an exceptional level of service by supervising Quick Serve staff and supporting the Quick Serve operations at all points of sale. They will assign tasks and delegate responsibilities to Quick Serve Leads and will monitor servers as they provide a variety of pre-made or fresh-to-order snacks, beverages and entrée items from Sodexo Live!'s Quick Serve menu. Their top priority will be to ensure that the highest levels of cleanliness and sanitation are maintained.
Style of service may be either take-away, restaurant-style or in-seat service format. They will circulate throughout assigned locations within the venue's levels, decks and concourses to monitor service within kiosks, mobile stands, permanent stand fixtures or cafes/bistros. They are responsible for ensuring that alcohol is being served responsibly throughout their assigned locations and for ensuring that Sodexo Live!'s standards for handing monetary transactions are consistently in place.
The Hospitality Supervisor - Quick Serve will plan and prepare in advance of games or events, will provide hands on supervision during events and will organize post-event closing and clean up.
- Support Quick Serve staff in providing outstanding service to all customers.
- Ensure that policies and procedures for processing customer sales transactions are adhered to.
- Ensure quality and safety standards are maintained.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- College degree or combination of education and work experience to support on-the-job effectiveness.
- 1-2 years supervisory experience in a fast-paced foodservice facility preferred.
- Ability to understand written and oral direction and to communicate same with others.
- Ability to promote and participate in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently and in a high stress, fast paced environment.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used by guests who typically visit the work location.
- Servsafe certified.
- Able to work effectively and safely while subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.