Hourly Sous Chef @ Indianapolis Zoo
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- 20-22 per hour
- Full Time & Part Time
Job Listing: Hourly Sous Chef
Nothing beats the power of being at a live event. That's why we're proud to announce the launch of Sodexo Live!, our brand dedicated to the sports, events and hospitality industry. We concentrate all of our skills, insight, and experience into one brand that instinctively knows how to make the most of every moment. Let's go Live! together.
Location: We are seeking a Sous Chef for Indianapolis Zoo located in Indianapolis, Indiana.
The Indianapolis Zoo was the first to be triple accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums and the American Association of Museums as a zoo, an aquarium and a botanic garden. Look for the AZA logo whenever you visit a zoo or aquarium to know you are supporting a facility dedicated to providing excellent care for animals, a great experience for you, and a better future for all living things.
The Sous Chef is the first level of management in a Sodexo Live! commercial kitchen. The Sous Chef I assures that foods are prepared using fundamental cooking techniques, seasoned for maximum taste and flavor, and served in an aesthetically pleasing manner. The Sous Chef directs all aspects of foodservice production and service, ensuring that approved food safety and sanitation guidelines are followed.
The Sous Chef directly supervises the preparation and production of the unit's menus and manages a shift or station in the hot kitchen, the cold kitchen and/or the bakery and pastry shop. The Sous Chef is responsible for training, mentoring and helping to develop other Culinarians, and for monitoring and organizing the flow of activity within the kitchen in a way that complements and supports the overall operation.
- Participate as part of Culinary Leadership Team to manage a culinary department for the preparation of foods served to the customers in a consistent and timely manner.
- Ensure Kitchen Safety and Sanitation conforms to all Sodexo Live!, OSHA, regulatory and governmental standards to provide a safe work environment in which high quality food is produced.
- Contribute to goal of 100% customer satisfaction through personal commitment to customer service and leading the culinary team by example.
- Minimum of 2 years in a food preparation position
- Ability to promote and participate in a team environment.
- Ability to understand written and oral direction and to communicate same with others.
Subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight (pots, pans, etc.); must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Must be able to meet the following requirements with reasonable accommodation:
* While performing the duties of this job, an employee is regularly required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, feel, reach with hands and arms, and taste or smell.
* The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch.
* The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and carry approximately 20 feet.
* Ability to physically walk approximately one-fourth (¼) of a mile and the circumference of the unit several times a day.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
* While performing duties of this job, the associate is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and extreme heat.
* Employee must be able to perform repetitive motions.
* The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and extreme cold.
* Employee must be able to work in a cold environment - such as when cleaning walk-in refrigerators.
* The employee frequently has hands in soapy water and/or cleaning and sanitizing chemicals.
* Employee must have ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
* Employee must be able to operate in an environment with moderate noise
* Employee must have the ability to walk with non-skid shoes at all times.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.