Health, Safety & Environmental Manager
Are YOU a strategic, innovative facilities health safety and environmental manager ready to help clients optimize their business!
Sodexo Corporate Services is seeking a qualified Health, Safety and Environmental Manager to successfully support occupational health, safety and environmental initiatives across multiple sites located in Piscataway, NJ for a multinational consumer products company. The HSE Manager working collaboratively with the HSE Director, VP QHSE, VP Operations, Directors of Facilities Operation (DFOs), Finance, Sourcing and HR, directs the effective deployment of the HSE management system and strategic initiatives that sustains and builds a zero-harm safety culture.
- Participate in air permit compliance processes, and emissions & refrigerant inventory updates.
- Facilitate compliance calendar item closure in Gensuite as well as other Gensuite modules
- Complete monthly SWPPP & SPCC inspections, using standard forms.
- Complete monthly AST & UST inspections using standard forms, facilitating compliance with AST & UST standard requirements.
- Participate in non-certification required radiation safety program management processes as directed by site EHS Leader.
- Facilitate asbestos and lead program compliance, undertaking tasks assigned by site EHS Leader.
- Undertake environmental emissions data tracking and input (Bill Review) into an internal emission tracking system, manage all Google sheet-based utility data collections. Work with Sodexo Utility Expense Management team to review data anomalies and provide updates.
- Support environmental and sustainability site-wide campaigns, including: annual TRUE Zero Waste Audits, Earth Day, World Water Day, WasteLess Week, in coordination with Sodexo global CSR lead.
- Provide tactical support for sustainability goals as directed by site EHS Leader, SDX CSR lead, and Colgate sustainability team or local “green” teams.
- Provide training, collect data from, and ensure adherence from SDX site operations and SDX vendors/contractors on sustainability programs (energy, water, waste).
- Support the contractor safety program’s safe work permitting process.
- Facilitate emergency evacuation planning and drills as part of the Emergency Action Plan.
- Maintain an effective relationship with the client and corporate EHS group.
- Maintain communication with key Sodexo and client personnel, providing support, advice and expertise to operational teams when required.
- Professional certifications such as CSP, CIH, CSHM or ASP.
- Proven experience in EHS Management, facilities management, or a similar role in a manufacturing or industrial setting.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of OSHA, EPA and DOT regulations, including local, state and federal regulations.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years of related experience
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.