Human Resources Manager 3
You believe in an open, inclusive culture where everyone can thrive. Lead a team where engagement, productivity, and innovation are born in this environment!
Sodexo is seeking a Dynamic Human Resources Manager with strong Labor Relations experience based out of a Campus account in New Britain, CT. supporting 200 union employees and 9 members of the management team.
This is an on-site in-unit position that will also provide district support that may require some travel. Position will report to District Manager with dotted line to segment Labor Relations Director.
Providing support to in-unit management in the following areas:
- Responding to union information requests.
- Maintaining grievance tracking for follow-up and disposition
- Scheduling and taking labor management meeting notes.
- May act as designate in the grievance process.
- Support team in CBA contract administration and compliance including Sodexo’s policies and procedures.
- Liaison to company management and union contact.
- Respond and track CBA deliverables related to payroll, union fees, job posting compliance.
- This role will work closely with on-site and district management, front line staff and union representatives.
- This role is also responsible for HR Generalist functions related to front line hiring, on boarding, benefits, performance management, training and development, workforce planning and employee relations.
- Role model and drive Sodexo’s Employee Value Proposition as a champion of inclusion and trusted consultant.
The successful candidate will:
- work daily in software systems such as Microsoft Office, ADP, Kronos, and applicant tracking system(s)
- possess knowledge of state and federal HR & Labor Laws
- possess strong conflict resolution skills. projects grace under pressure
- possess excellent customer service skills verbal and written
- possess strong time management and organizational skills
- work well independently and as part of a team
- understand and respect sensitive and confidential information
- support, engage, and create a culture to retain frontline staff
- At least 5 years administering collective bargaining agreements.
- Demonstrated human resources generalist experience including . EEO, diversity & inclusion, employee relations and engagement.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills attention to detail, proven by the ability to exercise appropriate judgment in executing tasks without supervision.
- Sharp written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines/deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Paralegal certification a plus
- Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer positions that support a variety of career goals working in diverse business segments, including Corporate Headquarters, Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search today.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Handles human resource functions, up to complex issues and administration for single or multi-unit/account(s). May include payroll, benefits, training, employee relations, recruiting, safety, etc. Position focuses on hourly workforce and may or may not include union accounts.
- Respond to inquiries regarding HR plans, programs & policies. Educate managers and employees on policies and procedures. Assist in developing and implementing new policies and procedures. Knowledge of and oversees all Federal, State and Local laws regarding human resources.
- Investigate and resolve employee issues and recommend resolutions, based on policy, as appropriate. Involve those necessary based on incidents; HR People Center, legal, etc. If applicable, management of union employees; understanding of all contract rules/policies and management of arbitration. Involvement of contract negotiations.
- Provide direction to managers and employees on implementation of HR plans, programs, policies, and training. Act as the primary consultant on various HR initiatives.
- Serve as the HR consultant and work with operations to positively impact business.
- Perform due diligence for new business initiatives to determine the appropriate HR plans, programs, process, and tools (including compensation, benefits, leadership, staffing, diversity & inclusion) based on financial and legal exposure
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 2 years in HR
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.