Human Resources Manager 3
Join a company that focuses on their employees and is passionate about hospitality
Sodexo is looking for an Human Resource Manager 3 to join our team for a new Food Service Model. Come and be part of an exciting team in Santa Clara CA! (this is an on-site Human Resource Manager Role)
The Human Resources Manager 3 will be responsible for all administrative and HR duties for our employees to include benefits administration, on-boarding and orientation for new hires, and overall employee engagement The successful candidate will have experience with Human Resource functions, including hiring, benefits, hourly staffing and training.
The Human Resource Manager 3 is responsible for the Training and Development, Employee Relations, HR policy and Law, Workforce Planning, Recruitment and Project Management at this particular location.
The successful candidate will:
- assists with new hire Orientations for Hourly employees
- have the ability to speak Spanish strongly preferred
- experience with CBA’s
- assemble new hire materials for new hire orientation; collect new hire paperwork (tax forms, I-9 documentation, etc.); create new hire personnel files; file all new hire paperwork accordingly
- maintain active personnel files, ensuring accurate filing of documents
- support updating applicant tracking system, phone screening candidates, and scheduling on-site or remote interviews. Track candidate progress, and draft offer letters and send internal notifications of new hires.
- comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- have a strong attention to detail
The ideal candidate will be:
- detailed-oriented, flexible, and have the ability to manage multiple priorities
- excellent organization, communication skills
- experience working in the Food Service Industry preferred
- possess excellent customer service skills for phone conversations and email responses;
- understand and respect sensitive and confidential information
This position offers a traditional Business and Industry, predominantly Monday through Friday, schedule. Accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation per year (first year pro-rated based on date of hire). Medical Benefits beginning date of hire, and 401K with company match eligible. Access to ongoing training, and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
If you are self-motivated and results-driven with Human Resources experience, you should apply now!
Salary negotiable based on experience.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Handles human resource functions, up to complex issues and administration for single or multi-unit/account(s). May include payroll, benefits, training, employee relations, recruiting, safety, etc. Position focuses on hourly workforce and may or may not include union accounts.
- Respond to inquiries regarding HR plans, programs & policies. Educate managers and employees on policies and procedures. Assist in developing and implementing new policies and procedures. Knowledge of and oversees all Federal, State and Local laws regarding human resources.
- Investigate and resolve employee issues and recommend resolutions, based on policy, as appropriate. Involve those necessary based on incidents; HR People Center, legal, etc. If applicable, management of union employees; understanding of all contract rules/policies and management of arbitration. Involvement of contract negotiations.
- Provide direction to managers and employees on implementation of HR plans, programs, policies, and training. Act as the primary consultant on various HR initiatives.
- Serve as the HR consultant and work with operations to positively impact business.
- Perform due diligence for new business initiatives to determine the appropriate HR plans, programs, process, and tools (including compensation, benefits, leadership, staffing, diversity & inclusion) based on financial and legal exposure
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 2 years in HR
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.