Human Resources Manager
When it comes to finding a long-term career, we know how important it is to join a company that holds the same values as you.
Sodexo is seeking an in-unit Human Resources Manager to join our team at University Hospital of Downstate, a 250-bed acute care located in Brooklyn, NY.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Human Resources Manager will provide hands-on strategic and tactical HR support to approximately 70 Sodexo, union, front-line staff for the food services department. The hours for this role are generally Mon-Fri dayshift (no weekends). Must have previous management experience in a union environment.
Your responsibilities in this role will include:
- recruiting and on-boarding of hourly staff;
- maintenance of employee personnel files;
- record retention;
- conducting new hire orientations;
- ensuring compliance with our Diversity and Inclusion policies;
- working closely with senior leadership on creating and implementing policies;
- conducting confidential investigations into issues of wrongdoing such as harassment, theft, or other policy violations;
- administer all aspects of employee terminations to include, conducting all employee termination discussions and collection of Sodexo property, conducting exit interviews and managing the Employee Recognition Programs while continuing to promote a positive work environment
The successful candidate will:
- support Human Resources functions for front-line staff including but not limited to; employee relations, training and benefits;
- manage payroll set-up and problem resolutions;
- communicate effectively and build relationships with multiple levels of the organization; including clients, executives, managers and front-line staff;
- demonstrate strong verbal, written and presentation skills; and
- have a solid understanding of HR functions and all policies and procedures
Click here to learn more about University Hospital of Downstate
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Food Service Management and Retail Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years of HR experience
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.