Laundries Operations Manager 2
Fast Paced, Problem Solving
- Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment where change is the only constant?
Sodexo is seeking a Linen Operations Manager 2 for NYC Health & Hospital at various locations in New York City, New York. This is a large Multi Location Hospital System, for Linen Distribution to various locations. The staff are on the clients payroll. This is a various shift, however primarily day shift. with every other weekends, and alternate holidays. This position will report to a Area General Manager on - site .
Our Sodexo Healthcare Linen team, works to direct Linen operations at healthcare client locations, partnering with them to deliver innovative solutions. These teams also have responsibility for driving client satisfaction by providing stellar customer service via effective communication with all levels of hospital staff, as well as follow-through with action items that impact both client and patient satisfaction. At Sodexo Healthcare, patients are the heart of everything we do.
The successful candidate will:
- have exceptional client service mentality and executive presence;
- be responsible for driving client and patient satisfaction scores;
- work closely with the Infectious Control department;
- support a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- are leaders who develops and motivates a team to exceed the expectations of clients and customers in service and the technical execution of Linen / Laundry systems
- are an expert in building and maintain strong customer / client relationships;
- possess strong leadership skills and can work independently to drive program compliance and reach project target dates of completion;
- can analyze data, present and effectively communicate to all levels within the organization related to training, leading committees and change management;
- have experience effectively managing projects within agreed upon timelines;
- are proficient with computers and other technology;
- have experience with vendor and contract management, as well as union and contract negotiations; and/or
- have strong financial acumen and budget management experience
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Number two position at a very large laundry plant. Responsible for laundries, engineering and transportation. Assumes General Manager's responsibilities and authority in their absence. Supervises managers. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. May serve as a number one position leading/running laundry/linen operations services inside a small account. Reports to a General Manager level position. Position has day-to-day responsibility for all aspects of laundry operations.
- Directs daily laundry service operations to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, training, licenses and resources to perform their jobs and meet goals and deadlines.
- Probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate Sdx resource when necessary. Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities and monitoring operating standards.
- Manages, trains, develops managers and/or hourly employees. Establishes operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to employees. Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. quality assurance, safety, operations, personnel).
- Establishes a safe work environment for employees by providing safety-related training and equipment maintenance and by ensuring compliance with Sodexo safety and loss prevention programs and with standards and procedures for the handling and storage of hazardous materials and/or waste.
- Assists in the development of new business service(s) for the client and implements the service program(s). Manages the budget by controlling costs (e.g. labor, inventory, equipment, and materials), complying with budget requirements and making adjustments when necessary.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years of production experience
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.