Lead Systems Engineer (Infrastructure Security)
Sodexo has an opportunity for a Lead Systems Engineer (Infrastructure Security)
This is a remote role with the preferred candidate residing in the Eastern or Central Time Zones
The Lead Systems Engineer (Infrastructure Security) will focus on infrastructure security technologies in the enterprise. The role provides technical leadership in architecture and engineering of these platforms with focus on security patching and hardening of infrastructure platforms. This include ensuring platforms meet Sodexo hardening standards (servers, storage, data protection, Azure, and other core infrastructure). This role will work on various Azure and On-premise projects, developing strategy, implementation of technologies, and directing the operations team delivery of these services. The primary technologies utilized are Windows OS, Red Hat Linux, Veeam, and Azure
The successful candidate will:
- Have strong technical expertise in the areas securing core infrastructure technologies both on-premise and Azure
- Develop and own security patching process for infrastructure technology platform
- Develop hardening standards and configurations for infrastructure technology platform
- Work with other subject matter experts and resources to deploy cyber-resiliency
- Identify and help mitigate security issues, misconfigurations, and vulnerabilities
- Implement new, and update existing security measures for the protection of infrastructure
- Contribute to creation of runbooks, work instructions and standard operating procedures
- Develop new, and review/update existing security-related infrastructure configurations
- Provide cross-functional understanding with other technology teams to align on security patching methodology and hardening of platforms
- Gather requirements, design, and implement solutions to meet requirements
- Lead or participate in technology evaluations and proof of concepts
- Guide and set standards for technical documentation
Is this the right opportunity for you? We are looking for candidates that have/are:
- 10 years experience with enterprise infrastructure technologies
- Primary role is data protection engineer or architect for on-premise and cloud, preferred Azure
- 5 years working in architecture and/or engineering role
- 5+ years' of operational experience in endpoint operations or security
- Hands-on Tanium experience a major plus
- A demonstrated track record of taking ownership of complex initiatives and producing successful outcomes
- Demonstrated aptitude in one or more programming languages
- Broad knowledge across several technical domains, coupled with deep knowledge in one or more of the following:
- Endpoint Security, Endpoint Support/Troubleshooting, Incident response, Systems Management, Systems Administration
- Utility Scripting (e.g. bash, PowerShell, VBScript, Python, etc.)
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we have numerous IS&T positions that support this and other initiatives with similar goals. Continue your search for IS&T jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities. Our IS&T team supports 13,000 locations across North America and collaborates with the entire Sodexo Group, spanning 72 countries. Sodexo empowers its employees who have developed a thorough understanding of the organization to create their own career path.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years of experience in supporting networks
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Pay: $74,100 to $136,950/year
$74100 to $136950
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 968936