Line Cooks - Northern Illinois University
Job Listing: Line Cooks
Nothing beats the power of being at a live event. That's why we're proud to announce the launch of Sodexo Live!, our brand dedicated to the sports, events and hospitality industry. We concentrate all of our skills, insight, and experience into one brand that instinctively knows how to make the most of every moment. Let's go Live! together.
Location: We are seeking Line Cooks for Northern Illinois University
- Part-Time Cook Position
The Line Cooks will assume grill or line responsibilities within the kitchen requiring detail and creativity and will perform responsibilities for food preparation.
Prepare and coordinate orders to ensure they are cooked in a timely, accurate, consistent and quality manner. Comply with all established health, sanitation and safety procedures. Contribute to goal of 100% customer satisfaction through personal commitment to teamwork and service
* Utilize proper recipes, equipment, tools and utensils.
* Work in collaboration with other unit culinary team members to achieve operational objectives;
* Adhere to company standards for food quality, taste, flavor and presentation.
* Work in collaboration with other unit culinary team members to achieve operational objectives
* Must be able to interact verbally and listen attentively to co-workers and supervisors.
* Ability to follow written and oral direction.
* Ability to work under pressure and independently.
* Culinary degree from an accredited college or university. 2+ years experience in food preparation in a fast paced environment.
Must be able to stand and exert fast-paced mobility for entire shift. Must be able to frequently lift and carry food and other items weighing up to 50 pounds and occasionally greater. Must be able to go from warm to cold climates (workstation to coolers). Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight (pots, pans, etc.); must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.