Let your passion for people be the driver of your success at Sodexo. Through your leadership, your team will make a real impact every day.
Sodexo Live! is growing and is part of an exciting new venture supporting a large commissary kitchen operation that delivers thousands of ready to eat meals to our local clients.
We are seeking a Logistics Manager for our Atlanta Commissary. Working in the metro Atlanta area, this Logistics Manager will partner closely with our Unit Operations Managers to oversee the transport of food and beverage from our off-site Commissary to our Atlanta airport lounges at Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.
The successful candidate will:
- handle all logistics in managing the picking and porter teams to collect finished product for loading and delivery;
- manage route planning;
- overee inventory control, receipt, storage, rotation, waste elimination as well as distribution of food & beverage, supplies and equipment to all locations within the district;
- support of day to day operations within the commissary from receiving inbound orders, preparing outbound orders to verifying order fulfillment and tracking of food and beverages;
- be responsible for management of the fleet and training of drivers in compliance with the airport access and security requirements.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- prior logistics management experience in a high-volume commissary kitchen, warehouse or distribution center (airline catering facility strongly desired);
- strong communication and customer service skills;
- the ability to update and evaluate metrics to assess performance and implement enhancements;
- the ability to work independently and demonstrate organization and comprehension skills;
- the ability to multitask, manage projects and prioritize; and/or
- working knowledge of Excel and other computer programs.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Logistics Manager is responsible for managing supervisors and frontline warehouse and transportation employees. The position oversees process and systems for all incoming and outgoing products and supplies in the warehouse, (e.g., routing, ordering, picking, inventory, distribution, trash removal). Logistics Manager works closely with other department managers including Central Commissary Manager, Purchasing Manager, Executive Chef, Bakery Manager, Chef Managers and Operations Manager, to ensure continuous supply of raw materials to production department and distribution of finished products to end users.
Logistics Manager oversees inventory control including price negotiation of various products, receipt, storage, rotation, waste elimination, as well as, distribution of food, supplies, vending and equipment to all school locations within a large district. The position is responsible for management of the fleet and training of drivers. Continuous improvement planning is required through tracking, measurement and reporting of ongoing operational metrics and performance.
Inventory control and management is the responsibility of the Logistics Manager. Inventory counting, storage, rotation and waste elimination are part of the job responsibilities. Continuous improvement planning is required through tracking, measurement and reporting of ongoing operational metrics. Improvement through strategic planning is required based on measurement of current operational performance.
Logistics Manager will oversee the physical and food safety training and processes to ensure compliance with company standards and safe working conditions for employees, visitors and guests.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.