Sodexo has an exciting new opening for a Tax Manager within the Tax Department located at our headquarters in Gaithersburg, Maryland. Hybrid work schedule. Relocation Assistance provided.
The successful candidate will:
- Work knowledge of general tax principles
- Provide support for federal, state, local & foreign income tax audits
- Prepare corporate and partnership tax returns using Corptax tax software
- Prepare position papers for tax issues
- Prepare spreadsheets for planning, compliance and audit issues
- Provide support with research, implementation, and monitoring tax-planning projects.
- Provide support to other departments with corporate income tax issues.
- Responsible for prioritizing work assignments with minimal supervision.
- Responsible for developing alternative solutions where guidelines are not available.
- Responsible for interpreting internal policies and procedures.
- Form 720 Excise Filing knowledge
- SAP Fixed Asset Module knowledge
- SAGE FAS Fixed Asset Module Knowledge
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who are/have:
- BS/BA (concentration in Accounting or Finance a plus)
- CPA/MST a plus, but not required
- 5+ years of tax experience with a CPA firm and/or Industry tax department
- High degree of initiative and ability to work independently and in teams
- Ability to work with all levels of Management
- Demonstrated strong communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of Accounting systems, SAP preferable.
- Knowledge of tax research software such as, CCH, and BNA
- Knowledge of tax preparation software, Corptax preferable
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer positions that support a variety of career goals working in diverse business segments, including Corporate Headquarters, Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search today.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Has in-depth knowledge in own discipline and basic knowledge of activities surrounding organization tax policy and monitoring compliance. Analyzes the tax implications of the organization's activities, projects and investments. Assists in minimizing tax liability and maximizing after-tax profits and cash flows. Assists in preparation of tax returns and related reports to ensure compliance with all national and local tax laws and regulations. Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions. Works independently; receives minimal guidance. May lead projects or project steps within a broader project or have accountability for ongoing activities or objectives. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. May represent the level at which career may stabilize for many years or even until retirement.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.