Developing strategic business plans is your super power. You are creative and driven.
*Relocation Assistance Offered*
NOT A REMOTE POSITION
Sodexo is seeking an experienced Marketing Communications Manager for West Virginia University located in Morgantown, WV. This position is responsible for the strategic direction and implementation of the communications and marketing strategy. The person in this position will lead, direct and oversee the implementation of all communication content as well as the strategic decisions regarding the appropriate channels in which to communicate and market. The will maintain a strong analytic focus including marketing campaign achievement and effectiveness of communications from this department. This person will work closely with Sodexo’s partner representatives of West Virginia University.
The position is tasked with improving the customer experience through the development of a comprehensive marketing strategy that focuses on consumer engagement, sales growth, and communications. This leader will seek and create opportunities for dynamic student connection to solicit feedback and drive program innovation forward. This position is responsible for maintenance of the website and social media channels, collection and analysis of data that support strategic initiatives, collaboration with the senior management team, and working with WVU partners on a regular basis. Additionally, the candidate will manage a team of two marketing professionals and multiple interns throughout the year. Additionally, this person will manage the overall budget for marketing and communications for the entire dining organization. This position is perfect for someone interested in building upon an existing foundation of strategic marketing experience, and who wants to see their career flourish at a premier institution of higher learning.
This person in this position will be responsible for all the WVU Dining events. He/She will oversee the ideation of the marketing and event calendar, supervise the implementation of events, work with the culinary and operations teams to determine logistics and details as well as managing the overall event budget for the dining program. It is expected that the events and the programs associated with them will directly support the mission of West Virginia Dining and West Virginia University as well as entertain, fascinate and motivate a positive dining experience for the WVU community.
Sodexo’s marketing staff work with operations teams to develop marketing strategies that provide a high level of service and innovation for multiple cafes, catering, micro markets, brands and retail stores. Marketing is focused on growth strategies for increasing sales for the unit, improving customer satisfaction and promoting Sodexo’s Brand. The person in this position will lead this dynamic team to make a strong positive impact on the experience of students at WVU.
The successful candidate will:
- lead a marketing team that includes a Marketing Unit Coordinator, Graphic Artist and Marketing Interns, and work with managers, WVU partners, the District Manager and Vice Presidents in all matters relating to marketing, strategic relationships and communications strategy to help establish and maintain a solid and mutually beneficial business relationship
- be responsible for successfully coordinating and directing all strategic marketing activities throughout the enterprise, with all levels of management and frontline employees.
- incorporate innovation in campaign design while effectively utilizing resources provided by both Sodexo and WVU.
- build a robust event schedule that enhances the WVU student’s academic and community experience.
- be able to develop a strong relationship with WVU partners, the Sodexo management team and leadership
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- strong marketing background who can direct effective communication content with strong editing skills;
- strategic leadership, talent management, as well as exceptional communication and project management skills;
- exemplary event design and management experience – especially in a college and university setting
- strong computer skills, with a preference for experience with Scala;
- best in class presentation skills, with extensive PowerPoint experience;
- team development skills;
- Partner relationship skills and the ability to quickly respond to needs of WVU
- and management
- the ability to meet multiple deadlines and manage workload
- contract food services experience (preferred).
Morgantown, West Virginia is a picturesque city in the northern third of the state. It’s surrounded by beautiful mountains in every direction and boasts ground-breaking innovation and research and technology such as the PRT (Personal Rapid Transit), originally a demonstration project and the first large-scale automated guideway transit system in the U.S
Learn more about West Virginia University at https://www.wvu.edu/
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Marketing positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living, and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Marketing jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent, and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring, and career growth opportunities