Patient Transport Manager
Seeking a "Difference Maker" to create a positive patient experience.
Sodexo is seeking Multi eXPress Manager 1 to support linen distribution, patient transport, and our environmental services department in Philadelphia, PA. This position will have direct oversight of the Patient Transport and Linen Department for Penn Presbyterian Medical Center. The hours are primarily Second Shift (2:30pm start time) with rotating weekends and holidays. Patient Transport and/or Linen Utilization experience is recommended. This is a full service, union account overseeing a team of 25 at this 380 bed account. Overall, will be responsible for all patient/bed flow operations for both the Environmental Services and Patient Transport departments. This position will be directly responsible for the daily throughput process and ensuring daily targets are being met and/or exceeded.
The successful candidate will:
- Maintain and inspect transport equipment, as well as related logistics, documentation and reporting;
- Create a positive patient experience by setting the tone and culture of patient expectations, including the provision of concierge transport services, through a compassionate bedside manner;
- Respond to and/or managing calls through the Service Response Center;
- Be responsible for driving patient satisfaction scores;
- Provide a clean and safe environment for patients, visitors and staff;
- Has the ability to work independently
- Possess exceptional communication skills
- Must be able to lead a diverse work force in a union environment
- Work with the Environment of Care Committee and Infection Prevention Director;
- Effectively manage the Unit Operating System; and
- Support a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- experience improving patient satisfaction, and driving full compliance to HCAHPS, local, state and Joint Commission standards;
- knowledge of patient care services in a health care setting;
- Service Response Center or call center experience;
- in depth knowledge of quality control systems such as TRAKKAR or TeleTracking, as well as other Sodexo systems such as UOS, Gold Check, ENGAGE and black light inspections;
- a basic understanding of Environmental Services/Housekeeping services;
- experience with vendor and contract management, as well as union and contract negotiations;
- the ability to analyze data, present and effectively communicate to all levels within the organization related to training, leading hospital committees and change management;
- experience effectively managing projects within agreed upon timelines;
- strong financial acumen and budget management experience;
- proficiency with computers and other technology;
- strong leadership skills and the ability to work independently to drive program compliance and reach project target dates of completion;
- 3-5 years previous General Manager/Director level patient transport or Service Response Center experience in a hospital or health care environment; and/or
- strong hospitality or customer service experience.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Patient Transport positions in Health Care locations across the United States. Continue your search for Patient Transport jobs.
Employees who work in Healthcare are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a term and condition of employment, absent a legally required exception, and are required to report their vaccination status as required by applicable law and/or client requirements.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Functional Experience - 1 year work experience in functional areas such as call center technology, computer applications, process improvement, or related areas
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.