Multi Unit Controller - Campus Segment
Are you a details person? You enjoy analyzing, reviewing data, and uncovering trends that impact the bottom line.
**RELOCATION ASSISTANCE PROVIDED**
Sodexo is seeking a Multi Unit Controller - Campus Segment to support Washington University in St. Louis, MO!!
Washington University in St. Louis’ campuses are located near the cultural center of St. Louis, surrounded by and adjacent to museums, performance venues, vibrant entertainment and dining districts, one of the nation’s largest civic parks, and beautiful, tree-lined neighborhoods rich in history and diversity.
The campuses are well served by the region’s light rail and bus service, and have easy access to major interstate highways. In total, more than 2,000 acres and more than 150 major buildings comprise the university.
This Multi Unit Controller at Washington University in St. Louis - currently over $20M managed volume will partner closely with our Unit Operations Managers to oversee financial matters for our growing portfolio of accounts. This Multi-Location Controller will provide unit finance support for weekly flash projections, participation in final budget reviews, forecast updates, period close, and ad hoc reporting (daily, weekly and monthly).
This Controller will serve as the primary point of contact for unit and district finance projections, questions and concerns. Ensures weekly and monthly financial reports are completed as well as monthly analysis of those results and detailed variance explanations are submitted within specific deadlines.
Bachelor's degree and 3-5 years of full general ledger experience required. University experience preferred!
The successful candidate will:
- monitor and analyze financial data
- conduct UFS entries; unit transfers, perform reconciliations
- monitor accounting and finance processes/projects
- ensure integrity of business line and internal financial reporting
- apply GAAP and objective accounting judgment to knowledge of contractual agreements and company policy
- work in a team environment to ensure deadlines are met
- work pro-actively to prevent problems, and identify and implement innovative solutions
- set analysis standards and maintain strong business relationships
- foster cooperation toward achieving department and organizational goals
- communicate with all levels of the organization
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- who have experience/education in finance/accounting
- work independently and demonstrate organization and comprehension skills
- have the ability to perform and maintain core responsibilities/accountabilities while simultaneously involved in other department initiatives;
- demonstrate analytical ability, MS Excel skills, UFS and Essbase experience; eVision
- have strong interpretation skills, as well as strong verbal & written communication
At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs, 401k, and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Food Service Management and Catering positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Campus, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities. At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management specializing in Catering. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Manages all accounting and financial matters for either a large multi-size national account OR a large complex single location account
- Data Collection from field - data review, analysis and suggestion of process improvement, review of FSC spot audits, accounts receivable review, review of new business,
- Oversight and direction of annual budgeting process & oversight and direction of period close process for all sites for Sodexo and Client, creation and maintenance of area forecasts, oversight of Project Clear compliance for portfolio.
- Financial Training and development of Sodexo General Managers.
- Creation, delivery & presentation of client specific financial reports as needed
- Oversight, training and support of POS systems and other cashless technology
-Train other controllers, analysts and field in contract interpretation, accounting procedures, system applications, and other areas
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years of experience in finance, accounting or related field
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.