Office Manager - Canada
- 10-Jul-2023 to Until Filled (PST)
- St. John's Convention Centre
- St. John's, NL, CAN
- per year
- Full-Time Salary Year Round
Job Listing: Office Manager
At Sodexo Live!, we take pride in crafting exceptional events at the most prestigious venues on the planet and creating lasting memories for fans, visitors, guests and team members. Working with Sodexo Live! is more than a job; it's a chance to be part of something greater. Here, you'll build a career where 'everyday' is anything but normal.
Our experiences are unique, and so are our people. Bring your personality, your background and your desire to delight others. In return, we'll give you all you need to thrive. After giving it all, you'll return home knowing that you've played your part in creating a truly unforgettable moment.
- 2022 Forbes Best Employer for Diversity
- 2022 Front Office Sports Best Employers in Sports
- 2022 Disability Equality Index (DEI) Perfect Score
Location: We are seeking an experienced Office Manager for the St John's Convention Centre and Mary Brown Centre in St John's, NL.
For over twenty years, the St. John's Convention Centre has been the premier choice for events large and small. Located in the heart of downtown St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, our newly expanded Convention Centre boasts 47,000 square feet of divisible meeting space, and plenty of old-world charm, in this historic city by the sea.?
Mary Brown Centre is an indoor arena and entertainment venue, also located in downtown St. John's and is the home of the Newfoundland Growlers and the Newfoundland Rogues.?
The Office Manager is responsible for organizing and coordinating office operations and procedures in order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency. They are responsible for providing office management services for the venue assigned. This includes maintaining office services and efficiency, supervising office staff and maintaining office records and to ensure the implementation and enforcement of Sodexo Live!'s overall standards for accuracy, efficiency, quality and financial performance.
- Maximize Sodexo Live!'s revenue and operational excellence through implementation and oversight of systems and policies related to office and administrative operations.
- Provide leadership and direction to office staff.
- Contribute to goal of making Sodexo Live! #1 in Event Hospitality and the #1 Employer of Choice through personal commitment and leading by example.
- Bachelor's degree and/or appropriate combination of education and work experience to support on-the-job effectiveness.
- One year previous administrative experience with exposure to office management principles and administrative procedures.
- Ability to work independently and exercise appropriate judgment, and initiative.
- Excellent verbal and customer service skills.
- Exceptional computer literacy with Microsoft Office Suite software.
- Demonstrated success in interfacing with a variety of organizational functions and divisions to accomplish tasks.
- Keen ability to promote and participate in a team environment.
- Proven ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and management; Ability to promote and participate in team environment concepts.
- Self-starter who can work independently and on several tasks/projects simultaneously, and who can contribute to functional areas of the business outside of retail operations.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Initiative in identifying and resolving problems timely and effectively.
- Able to work effectively and safely while subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2968808