Office Supervisor at the New England Aquarium
Job Listing: Office Supervisor
At Sodexo Live!, we take pride in crafting exceptional events at the most prestigious venues on the planet and creating lasting memories for fans, visitors, guests and team members. Working with Sodexo Live! is more than a job; it's a chance to be part of something greater. Here, you'll build a career where 'everyday' is anything but normal.
Our experiences are unique, and so are our people. Bring your personality, your background and your desire to delight others. In return, we'll give you all you need to thrive. After giving it all, you'll return home knowing that you've played your part in creating a truly unforgettable moment.
- 2022 Forbes Best Employer for Diversity
- 2022 Front Office Sports Best Employers in Sports
- 2022 Disability Equality Index (DEI) Perfect Score
Location: We are seeking an Office Supervisor for the New England Aquarium, located in Boston, MA.
The New England Aquarium is a nonprofit research and conservation organization that has protected and cared for our ocean and marine animals for more than 50 years. The New England Aquarium is a catalyst for global change through public engagement and education.
The Office Supervisor is responsible for organizing, supporting and coordinating office operations and procedures in order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency. They are responsible for providing office services for the venue assigned, which may include functions related to Human Resources, Accounting, Cash Management, Payroll, Purchasing and general Administration.
The Office Supervisor will ensure the overall efficiency of Sodexo Live!'s business office by organizing and maintaining office records and ensuring the implementation and enforcement of Sodexo Live!'s standards and practices for accuracy, efficiency, quality and financial performance.
- Maximize Sodexo Live!'s revenue and operational excellence through execution of systems and policies related to office and administrative operations.
- Contribute to goal of making Sodexo Live! #1 in Event Hospitality and the #1 Employer of Choice through personal commitment and leading by example.
- High school diploma, some college and/or appropriate combination of education and work experience to support on-the-job effectiveness.
- One year of previous administrative experience, to include office management principles and procedures.
- Ability to work independently, exercising appropriate skills for effective judgment, creative problem solving and taking initiative.
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to deliver and interpret information across various sources.
- Exceptional ability to provide a high level of customer service.
- Numbers orientation, with ability to accurately compute various mathematical equations.
- Exceptional computer literacy with Microsoft Office Suite software.
- College degree in Business, Accounting or a related field of study.
- Proven ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and management; Ability to promote and participate in team environment concepts.
- Self-starter who can work independently and on several tasks/projects simultaneously, and who can contribute to functional areas of the business.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Initiative in identifying and resolving problems timely and effectively.
- Able to work effectively and safely while subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.