Operations Manager at North Charleston Coliseum
- 28-Jul-2023 to Until Filled (PST)
- North Charleston Coliseum
- North Charleston, SC, USA
- Full-Time Salary Year Round
Job Listing: Operations Manager
At Sodexo Live!, we take pride in crafting exceptional events at the most prestigious venues on the planet and creating lasting memories for fans, visitors, guests and team members.
Working with Sodexo Live! is more than a job; it's a chance to be part of something greater. Here, you'll build a career where 'everyday' is anything but normal.
Our experiences are unique, and so are our people. Bring your personality, your background and your desire to delight others. In return, we'll give you all you need to thrive. After giving it all, you'll return home knowing that you've played your part in creating a truly unforgettable moment.
- 2022 Forbes Best Employer for Diversity
- 2022 Front Office Sports Best Employers in Sports
- 2022 Disability Equality Index (DEI) Perfect Score
Location: We are seeking an experienced Food & Beverage Operations Manager at the North Charleston Coliseum, located in Charleston, SC.
Salary: $55,000-70,000 + Benefits
Venue: The North Charleston Coliseum is a 14,000-seat multi-purpose arena in North Charleston, South Carolina. It is part of the North Charleston Convention Center Complex, which also includes a Performing Arts Center, and is owned by the City of North Charleston and managed by SMG. The Coliseum was built in 1993 (the Performing Arts Center and Convention Center opened in 1999), and is located on the access road to the Charleston International Airport.
The Coliseum is home to the ECHL's South Carolina Stingrays professional ice hockey team and serves as an alternate home for the Charleston Southern University basketball team. It is the area's primary venue for concerts and other major indoor events expected to draw large crowds. The Coliseum is currently undergoing an expansion project intended to increase concourse space, provide additional points of sale, and create venues for banquets, receptions, and other smaller-scale events.
The Operations Manager often serves as a right hand to the General Manager. As a visible and key member of the unit-level Leadership Team, they will exemplify and display unquestionable ethical conduct in both business and personal dealings, as they are responsible to model Sodexo Live!'s vision and values, ensuring in all ways for the customer, employees, the industry and the local community that Sodexo Live! is held in the highest regard.
The Operations Manager is responsible for managing and maximizing the productivity of the operations and administrative staff and is accountable for directing and coordinating the resources, tasks, requirements and processes related to the unit's day-to-day operating budget. They will provide support and hands-on assistance to plan, prepare, oversee, report and reconcile the unit's on-going business activities to ensure its commercial success.
The Operations Manager will contribute to Sodexo Live!'s goal to be #1 in Event Hospitality and the #1 Employer of Choice through the performance of activities geared toward the creation of an energized and positive work environment for all venue staff. Working in close partnership with the unit's various divisions and key department heads, the Operations Manager will create, lead and execute food and beverage experiences that exceed guest expectations and maximize revenue while controlling expenses.
- Develop and implement business strategies for driving and maximizing food, beverage and merchandise sales.
- Serve as a leadership role model and create an exceptional employment experience for Sodexo Live!'s staff.
- Create an environment where an exceptional service and dining experience is delivered to each customer, contributing to Sodexo Live!'s goal of 100% customer satisfaction.
- Plan and execute all operations activities against forecasted daily business volume.
- 3-5 years previous operations leadership experience in a complex food service environment.
- Bachelor's degree and/or appropriate combination of education and work experience to support on-the-job effectiveness.
- Significant expertise in food and beverage management with a catering/concessions emphasis.
- Up-to-date certifications for safe food handling and responsible alcoholic beverage service.
- Solid and proven track record for sales and leadership success.
- Demonstrated financial acumen with strong background in P&L management; Previous experience in developing operating budgets and established history of meeting or exceeding established financial objectives.
- Tech savvy, with high proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Demonstrated success in interfacing with a variety of organizational functions and divisions to accomplish tasks.
- Keen ability to promote and participate in a team environment.
- Proven ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and management; Ability to promote and participate in team environment concepts.
- Self-starter who can work independently and on several tasks/projects simultaneously, and who can contribute to functional areas of the business outside of retail operations.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Initiative in identifying and resolving problems timely and effectively.
- Able to work effectively and safely while subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.