Join a team of dietitians who are passionate about their profession, with patients at the heart of everything we do.
Sodexo is seeking a part-time (16 hours per week - flexible schedule) Registered Dietitian for an outpatient position working with people with diabetes at Lehigh Valley Health Network in Pottsville, PA. This is a great opportunity to work with skilled Diabetes Educators at the AADE accredited Helwig Health and Diabetes Center where quality patient care is the top priority. CDCES is not required.
- health and wellness benefits
- reimbursement for AND dues, state licensure fees and CDR renewal
- excellent paid time off package
- reimbursement for continuing education events
The successful candidate will:
- Empower clients to achieve life changing goals who are currently experiencing diabetes;
- provide individualized education to clients through evidence-based nutrition care in the specialized area of diabetes.
- provide insulin pump and glucose monitor training to patients;
- collaborate with the interdisciplinary team to recommend, implement, and monitor nutrition interventions with overall improvement in clinical outcomes;
- provide professional staff education to ensure the safe management and care of clients and families;
- participate in quality improvement projects and regulatory compliance within the department; and
- act as a mentor to students and new dietitians.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- Registered Dietitian licensed in Pennsylvania;
- previous Diabetes experience, or continuing education in Diabetes required;
- excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with clients and interdisciplinary team members at all levels;
- the proven ability to effectively engage, motivate and influence others regarding their nutrition; and
- a commitment to continued education in the nutrition field and implementation of new and innovative ideas.
Learn more about Lehigh Valley Hospital
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Dietitian positions in a variety of business segments, including Schools, Universities, Health Care and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Dietitian jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities. As the largest private employer of dietitians, we have tremendous job opportunities for registered dietitians who are looking to get more out of their career!
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Provides general to specialized nutrition care for patients, residents, and the community in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Functions as a nutrition resource to assigned patient care areas, developing peers, and foodservice staff to ensure the provision of safe, high quality care. May function as a Lead providing supervision to clinical nutrition and/or patient foodservice staff. Maintains professional and business practices to assure regulatory compliance and to uphold company mission, values, and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement. Contributes to financial and clinical outcomes through implementation of services.
Executes and directs the Nutrition Care Process (assessment, nutrition diagnosis, intervention, monitoring and evaluation) for complex practice as a specialist or in an expanded clinical role; is accountable for the provision of safe and reliable care and services and completion of documentation in accordance with individual and statutory scope, regulatory standards and facility policies, protocols and practice guidelines, including clinical privileges.- 40%
Provides evidence-based nutrition counseling and training to meet basic and specialized clinical needs, promote disease management, educate healthcare personnel, interns and students on nutrition care strategies and support foodservice staff competency; offers input into development and enhancement of learning activities and educational resources and initiates referrals as needed to elevate care, support continuation of nutrition care plans or elevate educational processes. - 20%
Continually improves and expands performance and demonstrates professional growth by advancing nutrition-related skills and engaging in tailored professional education to develop a deeper understanding of concepts and principles associated with one or more areas of specialty practice. - 20%
Actively engages in interdisciplinary activities to promote the nutrition care plan and serve as a resource on nutrition-related issues; collaborates and communicates with clinical and culinary departments in the development, implementation and promotion of operating standards, tools, resources and programs for general and specialized clinical practice and foodservice operations in accordance with Sodexo standards; participates in the development of interdisciplinary policies and protocols. - 10%
Participates independently or with minimal guidance in performance improvement (PI) activities and demonstrates readiness to offer outcomes-based solutions to promote continuous improvement. - 10%
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's degree with completion of required coursework and supervised practice as dictated by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) (Note: For those seeking registration after 2023, a master’s degree will be required)
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years experienced practitioner able to work with minimal supervision
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RD/RDN) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
- Certification/licensure as required by state(s) of practice
- Specialty credential in area(s) of focused practice, as applicable, or advanced practice certification (RD-AP/RDN-AP)
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.