Join a team of dietitians who are passionate about their profession, with patients at the heart of everything we do.
Sodexo is seeking a full-time Registered Dietitian for an Outpatient Diabetes Education position at Lehigh Valley Health Network in Bethlehem, PA. This is a great opportunity to work with skilled Diabetes Educators at the AADE accredited Helwig Health and Diabetes Center where quality patient care is the top priority.
- reimbursement for AND dues, state licensure fees and CDR renewal
- three weeks of vacation, eight holidays and three personal days paid each year
- reimbursement for continuing education events
- up to $5000 tuition reimbursement annually
The successful candidate will:
- empower clients to achieve life changing goals who are currently experiencing diabetes;
- provide individualized education to clients through evidence-based nutrition care in the specialized area of diabetes;
- provide insulin pump and glucose monitor training to patients;
- collaborate with the interdisciplinary team to recommend, implement, and monitor nutrition interventions with overall improvement in clinical outcomes;
- provide professional staff education to ensure the safe management and care of clients and families;
- participate in quality improvement projects and regulatory compliance within the department; and
- work toward obtaining CDCES.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- Registered Dietitian credential and licensed in Pennsylvania;
- experience in education on diabetes management;
- excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with clients and interdisciplinary team members at all levels;
- the proven ability to effectively engage, motivate and influence others regarding their nutrition; and
- a commitment to continued education in the nutrition field and implementation of new and innovative ideas.
Learn more about Lehigh Valley Hospital
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Dietitian positions in a variety of business segments, including Schools, Campus, Healthcare and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Dietitian jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities. As the largest private employer of dietitians, we have tremendous job opportunities for registered dietitians who are looking to get more out of their career!
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's degree with completion of required coursework and supervised practice as dictated by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) (Note: For those seeking registration after 2023, a master’s degree will be required)
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years experienced practitioner able to work with minimal supervision
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RD/RDN) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
- Certification/licensure as required by state(s) of practice
- Specialty credential in area(s) of focused practice, as applicable, or advanced practice certification (RD-AP/RDN-AP)
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.