Part Time Dietitian Nutritionist I
Grow your career and develop a team that shares your desire to make a difference!
Sodexo is seeking a Part Time Dietitian Nutritionist II-HC (24 hours per week) to join their growing team at Lake City Medical Center, which is a part of North Florida Regional Healthcare. Lake City is a beautiful city nestled in between Jacksonville and Gainesville, Florida.
Health Insurance Available!
Start with 3 weeks’ vacation and 3 personal days!, pro-rated
Reimbursement for AND dues, state licensure fees and CDR renewal!
Money toward continuing education events!
Up to $5000 tuition reimbursement annually!
We are a 103-bed comprehensive care facility offering medical and surgical programs including 24-hour emergency care, heart care, orthopedics, cancer care, imaging and rehabilitation services. LCMC is the area's ONLY Accredited Chest Pain Hospital and the only facility to offer interventional cardiology.
The Dietitian will report to the General Manager and will:
- Be a Registered Dietitian with at least 0-3 years of clinical experience
- Maintain responsibility for comprehensive nutrition assessments and reassessments per the Nutrition Care Process model;
- Provide education to patients, as well as staff and work well with physicians, nursing, and other ancillary staff ;
- Provide coverage for other dietitians as needed;
- Serve as a preceptor for dietetic interns;
- Obtain FL licensure before starting;
- Registration with Commission on Dietetic Registration is required.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- Possess the ability to creatively problem solve, work independently with minimal supervision and make decisions while working within a self-directed and team-oriented work environment;
- Possess excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to interact with a wide variety of individuals and groups;
- Strong time management and organizational skills are required to be successful in this position.
To learn more visit:https://lakecitymedical.com/
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Dietitian positions in a variety of business segments, including Schools, Universities, Health Care and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Dietitian jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities. As the largest private employer of dietitians, we have tremendous job opportunities for registered dietitians who are looking to get more out of their career!
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Provides general nutrition care for patients, residents, and the community in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Functions as a nutrition resource to assigned patient care areas and foodservice staff to ensure the provision of safe, high quality care. Maintains professional and business practices to assure regulatory compliance and to uphold company mission, values, and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement. Contributes to financial and clinical outcomes through implementation of services.
Executes the Nutrition Care Process (assessment, nutrition diagnosis, intervention, monitoring and evaluation) in general clinical practice; is accountable for the provision of safe and reliable care and services and completion of documentation in accordance with individual and statutory scope, regulatory standards and facility policies, protocols and practice guidelines, including clinical privileges. - 50%
Provides evidence-based nutrition counseling and training to meet basic clinical needs, promote disease management, educate healthcare personnel, interns and students on nutrition care strategies and support foodservice staff competency; functions within established educational frameworks using resources as provided and initiates referrals as needed to elevate care, support continuation of nutrition care plans or enhance educational processes. - 20%
Participates in interdisciplinary activities to promote the nutrition care plan and serve as a resource on nutrition-related issues; collaborates and communicates with clinical and culinary departments in the development, implementation and promotion of operating standards, tools, resources and programs for general clinical practice and foodservice operations in accordance with Sodexo standards. - 10%
Participates in performance improvement (PI) activities with minimal supervision and demonstrates a drive for continuous improvement. - 10%
Continually improves performance and demonstrates professional growth by advancing nutrition-related skills and engaging in tailored continuing education to enhance knowledge, skills and judgment obtained in formal education. - 10%
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement: Bachelor's degree with completion of required coursework and supervised practice as dictated by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) (Note: For those seeking registration after 2023, this must be a master’s degree)
- Meets eligibility requirements for Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RD/RDN) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) and will become registered within 120 days of hire. In some states and/or facilities the RD/RDN credentials is required at the time of hire
- Certification/licensure as required by state(s) of practice
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.