Patient Experience Manager 1
Patient satisfaction drives you towards success. Knowing you made a difference motivates your personal satisfaction!
Sodexo is seeking a Patient Experience Manager for Peconic Bay Medical Center, a 160-bed hospital located in Riverhead, NY. The candidate in this role will manage and train a team of 15-20 client, union employees, oversee food services, and the "At Your Request" patient room service program, to include patient rounding. Hours are generally Mon-Fri 9a-5p, occasional weekends as needed. (hours may vary per needs of business).
Previous food experience in healthcare setting required!
The successful candidate will:
- evaluate and develop service levels for the overall Patient Services Program targeted to exceed patient and customer satisfaction;
- oversee Sodexo’s Patient Dining Program and daily meal rounding inclusive of service recovery;
- collaborate with clinical, food service and interdisciplinary teams to enhance the patient experience;
- perform tray assessments to ensure food quality and presentation and tray accuracy;
- exceed Sodexo standards for Gold Checks and achieve successful regulatory inspections and audits; and/or
- perform management functions that include direct supervision of hourly associates including employee development.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implement company policies;
- passion for our patients and customers to ensure our Sodexo CARES (Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Enthusiasm and Service) behaviors are followed daily;
- knowledge of nutrition and specialized diets;
- experience with oversight of diet offices; and/or
- strong management skills, preferably in healthcare.
Learn more about Peconic Bay Medical Center here.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management and Patient Services positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management specializing in Patient Services. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
Employees who work at this location are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a term and condition of employment, absent a legally required exception, and are required to report their vaccination status and provide proof of vaccination.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Drives and fosters a culture of patient centered care and service excellence, while improving patient and family experience across the enterprise. Works with service line leaders for continuous quality improvement. Manages relationships with key players from the hospital network.
50% - Rounds with patients, collecting detailed data regarding their experience, with a goal of improvement and patient/customer centered solutions.
10% - Ensures that individuals performing service-related tasks have the competence to do so without putting the health and safety of themselves or others at risk.
Working as a team for safety
Communicating Effectively to Manage Safety Risks
Optimizing Human and Environmental Factors
Recognizing, respond and reporting incidents
Adherence to all operational safety practices and protocols
Drives a safety culture throughout the team
20% - Audits employees through rounding to ensure protocols are being followed and patient satisfaction initiatives are met. Provides training opportunities as needed.
10% - Ensures that individuals performing service-related tasks have the competence
10% - Serves as the liaison between Support Services, nursing, and other patient care leaders to enhance patient experience outcomes.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year experience in Service Recovery role at large hospitality or hospital environment
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.