Patient Food Services Manager 2
Are you seeking a rewarding and challenging career that allows you to make a difference?
Sodexo is seeking a Patient Food Services Manager 2 to join our food service team at Southern Hills Hospital in Las Vegas, NV. Southern Hills Hospital provides the communities of southwest Las Vegas with emergency and pediatric emergency services with three ER locations, a behavioral health program, an accredited Chest Pain Center, a Certified Primary Stroke Center, a dedicated orthopedic and spine unit, OB-GYN, Level II NICU, diagnostic imaging, oncology and surgical services.
Utilizing advanced digital technology and an accomplished medical staff, Southern Hills Hospital's advanced care and superior service make for better outcomes and an exceptional patient experience.
Hospital Corporation of America (HCA), the largest for-profit healthcare provider in the US, offers a unique career opportunity for you to partner within and join our growing nationwide HCA portfolio of business.
We are looking for individuals with the ability to manage labor efficiently and a proven track record of driving patient satisfaction.
The Sodexo team at Southern Hills is fully committed to leading the drive to deliver a world class dining experience to patients, visitors, and fellow team members. In order to join this team, you must be passionate about making every day a better day for our patients and have the drive to deliver food and service that is nothing short of world class.
As the Patient Service Manager, you will provide oversite to the hospital's Diet Office personnel to ensure that all nutrition/food regulatory requirements are being achieved in operations. He or she will be the conduit between patient tray line and clinical components of compliance.
The successful candidate will:
- evaluate and develop service levels for the overall Patient Services Program targeted to exceed patient and customer satisfaction;
- oversee Sodexo’s Patient Dining Program and daily meal rounding inclusive of service recovery;
- collaborate with clinical, food service and interdisciplinary teams to enhance the patient experience;
- perform tray assessments to ensure food quality and presentation and tray accuracy;
- exceed Sodexo standards for Gold Checks and achieve successful regulatory inspections and audits; and/or
- perform management functions that include direct supervision of hourly associates including employee development.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implement company policies;
- passion for our patients and customers to ensure our Sodexo CARES (Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Enthusiasm and Service) behaviors are followed daily;
- knowledge of nutrition and specialized diets;
- experience with oversight of diet offices; and/or
- strong management skills, preferably in healthcare.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Provides direction for patient meal services at patient care units to ensure customer satisfaction and retention for the Company.
- Directs daily operations of patient meal services at patient care units to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources to perform their jobs and meet goals and deadlines.
- Supervises day-today work activities by delegating authority, assigning, scheduling, and prioritizing activities and monitoring operating standards.
- Establishes operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to employees.
- Performs audits and prepares reports.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.