Patient Services Manager 1
A passion for helping people and attention to detail are the hallmarks of your success. Join a team where your leadership can make a difference.
Use your passion for service to create a positive impact and make a difference in the communities we serve! SodexoMAGIC is a joint Sodexo/Magic Johnson venture. SodexoMAGIC promises to empower the communities we serve by offering best-in-class food & facilities management solutions, which create a positive impact and make a difference in the lives of our clients and customers. SodexoMAGIC offers our dedicated service via the following Sodexo segments: Corporate Services, Hospitals, K-12 Schools, Universities.
Sodexo is seeking a dynamic Patient Services Manager 1 to join our food services team at Jersey City Medical Center in Jersey City, New Jersey. This is an opportunity to excel in a highly visible role. Jersey City Medical Center is located on a 15-acre campus overlooking the New York Harbor and Liberty State Park. The hospital, a 300+ bed union facility, serves as a regional referral and teaching hospital providing the highest level of care for women and infants, and trauma and cardiac patients. The Patient Services Manager will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the patient meal program to ensure compliance and improve the overall patient experience. This Day Shift schedule will be flexible with a rotating manager weekend schedule. We are looking for a charismatic and organized individual to support a team of 30 frontline associates.
If you have patient services or contract foodservice management experience in a healthcare environment- you are encouraged to apply now!
The successful candidate will:
- evaluate and develop service levels for the overall Patient Services Program targeted to exceed patient and customer satisfaction;
- oversee Sodexo’s Patient Dining Program and daily meal rounding inclusive of service recovery;
- collaborate with clinical, food service and interdisciplinary teams to enhance the patient experience;
- perform tray assessments to ensure food quality and presentation and tray accuracy;
- exceed Sodexo standards for Gold Checks and achieve successful regulatory inspections and audits; and/or
- perform management functions that include direct supervision of hourly associates including employee development.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implement company policies;
- passion for our patients and customers to ensure our Sodexo CARES (Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Enthusiasm and Service) behaviors are followed daily;
- knowledge of nutrition and specialized diets;
- experience with oversight of diet offices; and/or
- strong management skills, preferably in health care
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management specializing in Patient Services. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
Employees who work in Healthcare and Seniors are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a term and condition of employment, absent a legally required exception, and are required to report their vaccination status and upload proof of vaccination via an online portal.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Provides direction for patient meal services at patient care units to ensure customer satisfaction and retention for the Company.
- Directs daily operations of patient meal services at patient care units to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources to perform their jobs and meet goals and deadlines.
- Supervises day-today work activities by delegating authority, assigning, scheduling, and prioritizing activities and monitoring operating standards.
- Establishes operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to employees.
- Performs audits and prepares reports
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.