Pediatric Dietitian Nutritionist I
Your nutritional know-how can help patients in your community live happier, healthier lives.
Sodexo is seeking a Full Time Pediatric Dietitian Nutritionist I-HC to provide expert clinical coverage at the 154 bed Children's Hospital of Wellstar MCG Health in Augusta, GA.
This position will provide coverage for our general pediatric floors covering a patients under a wide range of disease states, including, but not limited to: malnutrition, kidney disease, diabetes and other patients under the endocrinology service, patients requiring nutrition support (G-tubes, enteral feeding, parenteral nutrition), cardiac defects/disease, and those with lung disease or other pulmonary issues.
The Children's Hospital of Georgia is a designated Pediatric Trauma Center as well as a teaching hospital and is staffed with attendants, fellows, residents, interns, and many other multidisciplinary team members. You will be a valuable member of the pediatric team and the designated nutrition expert. nutrition care at the Children's Hospital of Georgia with 154 licensed beds in Augusta, GA
Primary responsibilities include daily rounding with the medical team, independent ordering of parenteral and enteral nutrition, and discharge planning and education with families. You will also serve as the designated back up for our Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
$5000 Sign on Bonus Available!
- Free Parking
- Free Meal (one per day)
- 2 free lab coats provided every 2 years
- free Yearly TB
- free BLS class
- free ServSafe class
- free flu shots
The successful candidate will report to the Pediatric Clinical Nutrition Manager:
- Be a Registered Dietitian- 0-3 years experience.
- Pediatric experience is preferred and critical care experience is preferred
- Provide some cross coverage to our pediatric inpatients .
Provide pediatric nutrition support as part of nutrition assessments and re-assessments
- Actively participate in multidisciplinary rounding
- Work well with physicians nursing, occupational and speech therapists, and other hospital staff.
- Provide education to parents/guardians of patients prior to discharge
- Work some weekends and holidays on rotation
- Perform quality improvement initiatives such as patient satisfaction rounds and monthly test trays
- Educate health care team members, including residents, physicians, and nurses
- Precept dietetic interns
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- Registered Dietitian credentials and be licensed in GA (required prior to starting in this role)
- Master's Degree preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good time management and organizational skills, be a self-starter and a team player
- A track record of proactive interaction with the medical team and be an outstanding team player with strong demonstrated leadership skills.
- Possess the ability to creatively solve problems, work independently with minimal supervision and make decisions while working within a self-directed and team-oriented work environment.
- Possess excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to interact with a wide variety of individuals and groups
- Familiarity with Cerner medical records is also a plus
Learn more about Augusta University Medical Center and Children’s Hospital of Georgia (WellStar MCGHealth) at http://www.augustahealth.org/
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Employees who work in Healthcare are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a term and condition of employment, absent a legally required exception, and are required to report their vaccination status as required by applicable law and/or client requirements.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Dietitian positions in a variety of business segments, including Schools, Universities, Health Care and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Dietitian jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities. As the largest private employer of dietitians, we have tremendous job opportunities for registered dietitians who are looking to get more out of their career!
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement: Bachelor's degree with completion of required coursework and supervised practice as dictated by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) (Note: For those seeking registration after 2023, this must be a master’s degree)
- Meets eligibility requirements for Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RD/RDN) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) and will become registered within 120 days of hire. In some states and/or facilities the RD/RDN credentials is required at the time of hire
- Certification/licensure as required by state(s) of practice
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.