Construction / Project Manager 2
Let your passion for people be the driver of your success at Sodexo. Through your leadership, your team will make a real impact every day!
Sodexo is seeking Construction Project Manager II to work with one of Sodexo’s construction management teams at one of our largest energy accounts. This position will be located in Houston, Texas. This person will primarily handle a portfolio of projects within the Houston area. Sodexo is one of the largest, most progressive, and most well-respected companies in the world. We are seeking only highly qualified, energetic, and successful professionals for this position.
Are you the One?
We are looking for someone with broad experience managing large to small-value projects that are often complex in terms of delivery and a professional who is adept at managing the client relationships. Project Managers manage a portfolio of projects within their area of responsibility. This will include the actual execution of the project and may involve pre-construction planning with stakeholders, designers, consultants, clients, and other project team members. He or she will develop assignments, timetables, and responsibilities for team members for the duration of the project. Organizes and directs construction personnel, and ensures that materials and equipment resources are delivered on time. Interacts with planning commissions and governing bodies. Coordinates costing estimation and is directly involved in the day-to-day operations of the project. Works with professional employees and supervises large, complex technical or business support or production operations team(s). Adapts plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges. Decisions are guided by policies, procedures, and business plans. Provides technical guidance to employees, colleagues, and the client.
- Primary project leader for execution teams on assigned projects.
- Develops project schedules and executes according to plan for assigned projects.
- Communicates positive and realistic expectations to the project team and client.
- Holds self and others accountable for meeting key project metrics.
- Evaluates the contractual scope of work and the impact of client-issued bulletins, field directives and/or scheduling changes. Actively pursues additional work through change orders. Performs associated cost estimates, prepares proposals, and negotiates final settlement price and customer acceptance.
- Acts within contract Terms and Conditions.
- Effectively communicates project progress, issues, and financial status to management as required.
- Manages risks and executes project recovery plans when required. Resolves disputes with minimal need for escalation.
- Ensures project document controls comply with contract requirements and client standards.
- Oversees project construction for compliance with specifications, local codes, and installation techniques.
- Manages the selection, ordering, and delivery schedule of materials to be procured for the projects assigned.
- Develops and maintains viable long-term relationships with consultants, prime contractors, and subcontractors.
- Attends and leads job progress meetings as required.
- Ensures subcontractors understand the expectations of the project.
- Coordinates with his or her supervisor for allocation of resources needed to meet project objectives.
- Ensures any engineering and commissioning performed by the field team is by established standards.
- Develops cost estimates and sub-contractor scope documents and solicitations for bids.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (or associate degree with relevant experience)
- Construction/project management experience with new construction, renovations, infrastructure, and working in critical environments is preferred.
- Construction/project management working on projects that are adjacent to concurrent operations is preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years of direct project management experience in the Building Construction Industry
- Experience managing MEP and large TI projects is a plus.
- Having a firm understanding and working knowledge of the design and construction process is a hard must.
- Demonstrated high level of verbal and written communication skills is a must.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Must have the ability to communicate technical material to a non-
- technical audience.
- Proficient in Project Management software, and financial accounting systems.
- Advanced working knowledge of project scheduling and documentation techniques and processes.
- Knowledge of Procore, Smartsheet, and MS Project is a plus.
- Strong Personal Computer working capabilities in MS Office (excel, word, powerpoint, Adobe Writer, Visio, and basic Windows environment).
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K, and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Facilities Management positions in Corporate, Schools, Universities, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Health Care and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Facilities Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent, and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring, and career growth opportunities.
Make an Immediate Impact.
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 150,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 13,000 client sites in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes, and optimize their infrastructure, which deliver tangible outcomes.
Our client portfolio spans multiple markets across the nation including education, corporate services, health care, and government services, which means we can offer a career full of variety, challenge, and tremendous growth opportunities.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Facilities Construction Project Management. Leads or coordinates construction projects, such as developing a new facility, the addition, expansion, or extension of an existing facility, or renovation/alterations to a facility in collaboration with project team, construction site and management. Can develop entry level project budgets, make project assignments based on skill sets of contractors & vendors, build entry level project schedules and timetables, and lead project responsibilities for team members for the duration of the project. Organizes and directs construction personnel, and ensures that materials and equipment resources are delivered on time.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years experience in a supervisory capacity within construction
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.