Project Safety Technician
Are you seeking a rewarding and challenging career
that allows you to make a difference?
The primary purpose of this role is to ensure a safe work environment at client sites by providing HS&E and/or Quality Assurance consultation. Ideal candidate has experience leading safety within a design and construction and project management environment.
The successful candidate will:
- have knowledge of site specific and OSHA requirements;
- train staff, overseeing work, proactive evaluation of potential hazards, thorough reporting and safety communications;
- review of project specific policies and procedures for controlling occupational health, safety, and environmental hazards that come under Federal, State, and local regulations (e.g., Control of Hazardous Energy; Permit Required Confined Space Identification and Entry, Asbestos, Lead, Right to Know (GHS), Fall Prevention, Slips/Trips/Falls, Storm Water, etc.);
- measure the effectiveness of Operational Excellence / HS&E strategies and programs in a fact based and objective manner;
- complete Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental audits. Recommend, justify, implement, and manage safety devices, equipment, and/or products that help protect employees and customers and mitigate losses;
- serve as liaison to external professional organizations and regulatory groups;
- provide guidance and assistance to staff involved in performing audit work;
- analyze chemicals in the workplace and take action to reduce hazardous materials exposure (e.g., replace hazardous chemicals with safer chemicals) and improve sustainability;
- provide full support and take direction, as required, by the Division's Senior HS&E Director;
- provide safety management/accident prevention assistance to all applicable Client project s;
- produce HS&E progress reports as required to meet the HS&E objectives of the division;
- conduct business statistical analyses on accidents, including frequency of occurrence and types and length of training;
- provide in-house consulting (e.g., guidance and direction; serve as a resource; focus on accident prevention and risk mitigation) during Federal or State OSHA, EPA, DOT, EPA, fire marshal inspections, all HS&E investigations or complaints;
- train and educate employees, as necessary and required, on HS&E topics;
- track accident cause and injury type trends and facilitate remedial action(s).Communicate HS&E information to key management as directed; and/or
- conduct routine on-site HS&E inspections and implement corrective action plans.
Hours: 1st shift 7am-4pm , Monday-Friday.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Facilities Management positions in Corporate, Schools, Universities, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Health Care and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Facilities Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Make an Immediate Impact.
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 150,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 13,000 client sites in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which deliver tangible outcomes.
Our client portfolio spans multiple markets across the nation including education, corporate services, health care and government services, which means we can offer a career full of variety, challenge and tremendous growth opportunities.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
The primary purpose of this position is to ensure HS&E and or QA compliance for a specific site to drive a safety culture. This role manages the tactical day to-day functioning of the HS&E and or QA activities for a specific client site; manages safety and or QA programs to ensure a safe working environment and safe work practices while minimizing risk.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 1 year of related experience
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.