Purchasing Manager @ Nashville Airport
Job Listing: Purchasing Manager
At Sodexo Live!, we take pride in crafting exceptional events at the most prestigious venues on the planet and creating lasting memories for fans, visitors, guests and team members. Working with Sodexo Live! is more than a job; it's a chance to be part of something greater. Here, you'll build a career where 'everyday' is anything but normal.
Our experiences are unique, and so are our people. Bring your personality, your background and your desire to delight others. In return, we'll give you all you need to thrive. After giving it all, you'll return home knowing that you've played your part in creating a truly unforgettable moment.
- 2022 Forbes Best Employer for Diversity
- 2022 Front Office Sports Best Employers in Sports
- 2022 Disability Equality Index (DEI) Perfect Score
Location: We are seeking an experienced Purchasing Manager for Ferncroft @ Nashville Airport.
The Purchasing Manager will be responsible for ensuring product availability, quality and cost effectiveness. Depending on unit/venue, they will oversee purchasing-related activities, to include receiving, inventory management, equipment maintenance and supervision of warehouse staff.
The Purchasing Manager will maintain strong partnerships with all vendors and will meet operations' product needs on a timely basis. The Purchasing Manager will evaluate and recommend new products to enhance standards and increase profitability, and will work closely with the Chef, General Manager and operations team to ensure that Sodexo Live!'s overall standards for accuracy, efficiency, quality and financial performance are met.
- Maximize Sodexo Live!'s revenue and operational excellence through implementation and oversight of systems and policies related to Purchasing operations.
- Contributes to the efficient operation of business unit by partnering with General Manager; provides information, insight, analysis, and recommendations to maximize revenues and profits.
- Provide leadership and direction to Purchasing staff.
- Contribute to goal of making Sodexo Live! #1 in Event Hospitality and the #1 Employer of Choice through personal commitment and leading by example.
- Bachelor's degree and/or appropriate combination of education and experience to support on-the-job effectiveness.
- A minimum of 3 years of previous purchasing and/or warehouse management experience within a food and beverage operations environment, to include management of a staff and focus on exceptional client and customer service.
- Venue catering/concessions experience and multi-site experience strongly preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of food safety, sanitation, and general workplace safety standards with knowledge of Health Department requirements.
- Demonstrated financial acumen; P&L accountability and/or contract-managed service experience is highly desirable.
- Technologically savvy, with high proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Demonstrated success in interfacing with a variety of organizational functions and divisions to accomplish tasks.
- Proven ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and management; Ability to promote and participate in team environment concepts.
- Self starter who can work independently and on several tasks/projects simultaneously, and who can contribute to functional areas of the business outside of retail operations.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Initiative in identifying and resolving problems timely and effectively.
- Able to work effectively and safely while subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.