Are you looking for a new rewarding role? If you answered YES, this role is for you!
Sodexo Technical Services is seeking a Purchasing Specialist (Facilities Services/Management) to support multiple client accounts within the Corporate Services business.
The Purchasing Specialist is a junior role that will be instrumental in assisting with the creation and management of a strong network of Facilities Management service providers. This role will assist our business partners on the account to create the Facility and Construction Management strategic sourcing strategy.
This is an hybrid position requiring 3 days on-site at our facility located in Youngstown, Ohio.
The successful candidate will:
Assist with the development and management of the account’s strategic sourcing solutions including, but not limited to:
- Research and gain understanding of specific needs and configure regional suppliers to meet site and location specific requirements.
- Support in the alignment of strategic supplier relationships to deliver a nationally impactful and locally relevant stable of suppliers.
- Creating and preparing analytics for supplier work and performance.
- Collect internal and external supplier data to provide to Sourcing Manager and leadership teams.
- Locate, qualify, and assist in the approval of vendors for purchases and obtain pricing information.
- Prepare and evaluate vendor bids or quote specifications.
- Develop and assures that purchasing activities follow applicable internal control standards.
- Manage outcomes and operational effectiveness.
- Maintain the highest level of Integrity in vendor interactions.
- Maintain account and client relationships to identify and document strategic sourcing needs, making continual improvements to ensure the supplier network stay current.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- 2-3 years of experience in a purchasing or sourcing capacity
- Ability to use metrics and reporting software to support presentations (internal, client facing and external)
- Has a solid understanding of Facilities Management, including but not limited to MRO, Janitorial services, HVAC, landscaping, and security.
- Experience working in a contract management environment and with an FM service provider
- Experience in a fast paced and matrix organization
- Confident, articulate, and professional speaking abilities (and experience)
- Developed category strategies and SOW's (Statements of Work)
Salary: $70,000 annually
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Facilities Management positions in Corporate, Schools, Campus, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Healthcare and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Facilities Management jobs.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Responsible to place orders using a purchase ordering system. Orders products and services based on established contracts. May assist corporate procurement to define contract terms. Coordinates delivery times and works to achieve the lowest costs of materials from suppliers with consideration to quality, reliability, and urgency of need.
- Purchases materials and supplies based on established contracts with manufacturers and other suppliers.
- Coordinates Sodexo purchasing strategies to ensure that the Company is purchasing products/services at the most competitive prices and mark up structure, while accounting for the quality and service level required by the business line.
- Ensures product availability and quality based on account operator needs. Manages inventory to reduce waste.
- Assists with the resolution of product selection, distribution, pricing, cost control, receiving, and inventory control issues.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Pay: $39,100 to $59,070/year
$39100 to $59070
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 966216