Quality Assurance Coordinator
Is Food Quality your thing?
Sodexo Government is seeking a qualified candidate for a Food Quality Assurance Coordinator in the Parris Island, SC area. This position is part of our QA team reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager for the U.S. Marine Corps business portfolio on the East Coast, which includes 6 Mess Halls (Dining Facilities) located at Parris Island, SC.
$5,000 Sign On Bonus
Position duties include but not limited to:
- Performs mess hall inspections following the Quality Control Program in matters related to quality control, food safety and sanitation
- Performs the Quality Control Plan locally
- Works with General Managers and Unit Subcontractors
- Provides guidance and direction to General Managers, Unit Subcontractors to ensure compliance with HACCP and Safety programs to include contract compliance.
- Verifies training of all project personnel including Subcontractors
- Provides Quality Control training to all project personnel including Subcontractors
- Conducts new employee orientation training
- Monitors the Fire Prevention/Evacuation Program
- Monitors the Environmental and Energy Conservation Programs
- Operates automated quality control system and maintains all quality control and safety files for district
- Follow’s all project standard operating procedures
- Ensures corrective action is taken on any noted deficiency and lessons learned are applied
- Provides feedback to General Managers and Unit Subcontractors on quality control and safety related matters: weekly meeting with.
- Provides feedback to Manager, Food Safety and Quality Assurance
- Conducts ServSafe classes for all management, Marine personnel and hourly associates
- 7-8 scheduled audits conducted per month:
- Some nights and weekends required.
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
What We Offer
Responsible to the Quality Assurance Manager for performing the projects Quality Control and Safety Programs. Maintains close working relationship with the Mess hall managers and subcontractors on all quality and safety issues. Maintains liaison with the Base Quality Assurance Evaluators (QAE) and other customer representatives on project performance and service matters. Performs several daily inspections and audits to ensure contractual and regulatory compliance. Assists the mess hall managers and subcontractors in maintaining a viable customer service program. Provides monthly in-service training to hourly employees at the base mess halls.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.