Registered Dietitian 2
Grow your career and develop with a team that shares your desire to make a difference.
Sodexo is seeking a Registered Dietitian 2 for Charles Sitrin, a long term care facility located in New Hartford, New York. This position will be responsible for the NeuroCare Unit, LTC residents and adult day care. Will assist with quality assurance audits and menu planning.
The successful candidate will:
- provide nutritional care to the long-term care residents and neuro care patients;
- conduct quality improvement initiatives such as test trays and meal rounds;
- meet DOH/state/federal and company standards;
- be an active member of the interdisciplinary care conferences;
- represent the Food & Nutrition Department as a liaison with the medical and nursing staff; and/or
- support the food service operation as needed.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- Registered Dietitian credentials and be licensed in state;
- strong verbal and written communication skills;
- strong leadership skills;
- the ability to work well with physicians, nursing and ancillary staff; and/or
- excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy working with seniors to make every day a better day for our residents.
Learn more about Charles Sitrin at Sitrin
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits that start on your 1st day! Benefits include paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs. These benefits are available to both our full and part-time RDs!
Employees who work in Healthcare and Seniors are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a term and condition of employment, absent a legally required exception, and are required to report their vaccination status as required by applicable law and/or client requirements.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Responsible for providing direct comprehensive nutrition services
-Directs nutrition care of special needs population to ensure nutrition needs and customer satisfaction levels are met.
-Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction to ensure account retention.
-Manages, promotes, and educates others on food and nutrition programs according to Sodexo standards and policy.
-Collaborates and communicates with culinary and clinical departments on established processes, special diets, and menu requests and probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate Sodexo resource when necessary.
-Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. Health Dept., HIPAA/Privacy Act, Joint Commission, quality assurance, safety, operations, and personnel) by keep abreast of the most recent nutrition-related trends, research, policy, certifications, and standards of practice.
-Establishes operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to other departments.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree
Basic Functional Experience - 1 year work experience in health care including hospitals, nursing homes, assisted or independent living facilities, long-term care, retirement homes, or clinics + registered dietitian
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.