Registered Dietitian 3
Come work for the world’s leading private employer of Registered Dietitians!
This account is part of the SodexoMAGIC portfolio of business!
Sodexo is seeking a dynamic Registered Dietitian 3 -to support our Campus accounts in the Mid-Atlantic. This position will be based out of Morgan State University in Baltimore MD supporting Morgan State and Delaware State University in Dover, DE and will play a critical role in the implementation and management of nutrition programs in campus dining. This position will require strong leadership ability, food service skills, clinical knowledge, and a desire to engage the campus population in conversations around nutrition, wellness, performance nutrition, and food allergies. This position will require on-site responsibilities at MSU (80%), and a combination of on-site and remote work for DSU (20%)
The successful candidate will:
- partner closely with an Executive Chef and/or café management in selecting healthy menu items, evaluating sales, and determining what can be offered differently, and promoting nutritional campaigns.
- assist with food service operations as needed including conduction of special station audits and menu audits.
- maintain an active and engaging social media presence.
- serve as a liaison to university accommodations office regarding nutrition issues related to food allergies, weight management and disordered eating patterns and other medical issues requiring meal selection assistance or meal plan accommodations.
- provide support to University athletics department by giving educational presentations and providing one-on-one counseling;
- conduct tabling sessions across the campus and create regular communications intended to motivate and engage the population in healthy eating habits.
- support implementation of menus developed by SDX K-12 dietitians for on-site middle/high school services at DSU.
- remain knowledgeable of emerging trends in nutrition and dietetics.
- participate in campus and community events and develop and deliver presentations as needed to support client goals.
- provide direction for planning strategic goals, standards of the brand and maintaining effective communication with other managers and inter-department liaisons; and/or
- be willing to work a flexible schedule including occasional nights and weekends.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- are a Registered Dietitian credentialed with CDR and state licensed in MD;
- have at least 2 years of experience working as a Registered Dietitian, strongly preferred.
- have prior experience working in a higher education/University Campus account, preferred.
- have experience in developing and translating health-conscious menus.
- are an expert on dietary preferences and allergies and serve to guide nutritional choices accordingly.
- have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders at all levels.
- have the proven ability to effectively engage, motivate and influence others regarding their nutrition.
- have strong presentation skills;
- have demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities with the ability to adapt the changing needs of the role.
- are willing to obtain Aller train and ServSafe Certifications if not already certified;
- have a history of working independently with little direction; and/or
- have a commitment to continued education in the nutrition field and implementation of new and innovative ideas to implement.
- Performance Nutritional knowledge and K-12 a plus
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Nutrition and Wellness positions in a variety of business segments, including Schools, Campuses, Healthcare, Personal and Home Health Services, and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Nutrition jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Responsible for providing direct comprehensive nutrition services including those for complex needs.
-Directs nutrition care of special needs population to ensure nutrition needs and customer satisfaction levels are met.
-Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction to ensure account retention.
-Manages, promotes, and educates others on food and nutrition programs according to Sodexo standards and policy.
-Collaborates and communicates with culinary and clinical departments on established processes, special diets, and menu requests and probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate Sodexo resource when necessary.
-Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. Health Dept., -HIPAA/Privacy Act, Joint Commission, quality assurance, safety, operations, and personnel) by keep abreast of the most recent nutrition-related trends, research, policy, certifications, and standards of practice.
-Establishes operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to other departments.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in health care including hospitals, nursing homes, assisted or independent living facilities, long-term care, retirement homes, or clinics + registered dietitian
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.