Registered Dietitian III -Diabetes Educator
Come work for the world’s leading private employer of Registered Dietitians!
Sodexo is seeking a Dietitian Nutritionist III-Healthcare, Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist (CDCES) for Grand Strand Medical Center located in Myrtle Beach, SC. Grand Strand Medical Center is a 369-bed Level 1 Adult Trauma Center & Level 2 Pediatric Trauma Center. It also includes acute rehabilitation, behavioral health, medical/surgical units, and 56 critical care beds.
$10,000 Sign on Bonus is Available!
Health Benefits & Paid Time Off Offered!
Reimbursement for Academy dues, state licensure fees and CDR renewal!
Up to $5000 tuition reimbursement annually!
***Free meals and free parking***
The successful candidate will:
- Be a Registered Dietitian with at least 5 years of clinical experience and as a Certified Diabetes Educator (Diabetes Educator Certification required) Will consider CDCES eligible candidates
- Provide education to patients, as well as staff and work well with physicians, nursing, and ancillary staff
- 60% inpatient and 40% outpatient
- Provides education to maternal fetal medicine an gestational diabetic patients
- Leads DSMES Program and oversees a monthly diabetes support group
- Possess the ability to creatively problem solve and make decisions while working within self-directed and team-oriented work environments.
- Have excellent interpersonal communication skills to interact with a wide variety of individuals and groups
- Serve as a preceptor for dietetic interns;
- Provide coverage for other dietitians as needed;
- Possess the ability to creatively problem solve, work independently with minimal supervision and make decisions while working within a self-directed and team-oriented work environment;
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- Registered Dietitian credentials and be licensed in SC
- strong verbal and written communication skills;
- good time management skills be a self-starter and a team player; and
- the ability to work well with physicians, nursing and ancillary staff
- The ideal candidate must be eligible for SC licensure before start date
Learn more about Grand Strand Medical Center at: https://mygrandstrandhealth.com/
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Employees who work in Healthcare are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a term and condition of employment, absent a legally required exception, and are required to report their vaccination status as required by applicable law and/or client requirements.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Dietitian positions in a variety of business segments, including Schools, Universities, Health Care and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Dietitian jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities. As the largest private employer of dietitians, we have tremendous job opportunities for registered dietitians who are looking to get more out of their career!
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement: Bachelor's degree with completion of required coursework and supervised practice as dictated by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) (Note: For those seeking registration after 2023, this must be a master’s degree)
Basic Management Experience: 7+ months general supervision
Basic Functional Experience: 3 years experienced specialized practitioner in a clinical specialty
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RD/RDN) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR);
- certification/ licensure as required by state(s) of practice; specialty credential in area(s) of focused practice, as applicable
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.