Registered Dietitian - Universities
Your nutritional know-how can help students live happier and healthier lives.
Sodexo is seeking a Registered Dietitian to provide support Lindenwood University in the St. Louis Area!!
This candidate will support dining operations for a nationally and internationally known university for innovation, entrepreneurship, and extraordinary dedication to students. The school has a strong athletic programs with over 1,300 student-athletes. Since 2015, the NCAA sports have captured 17 national championships, including 13 individual champions. The NCAA Athletics Department has 30 sports competing at the NCAA Division I level.
This role will include administration/oversight of wellness programs, strategic leadership, nutrition initiatives and portfolio management of our nutrition/wellness offerings. This position will require strong leadership ability, food service skills, clinical knowledge, and a desire to engage the campus populations in conversations around nutrition. At least 1-2 years of experience as a dietitian (preferably in a campus, K-12, or corporate setting) is strongly preferred.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a Registered Dietitian licensed or eligible RD certification, with credentials active by start date.
- Demonstrate good time management skills and flexibility and be both a self-starter and a team player.
- Work independently to provide nutritional assessments and care to psychiatric patients on a per diem basis.
- Complete all assigned nutrition consults within the designated 72-hour window.
- Counsel patients primarily for weight management, diabetes, heart healthy diets, eating disorders, and food & drug interactions.
- Respect patient privacy and observe HIPAA guidelines.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal/written communication and customer service skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to work well with physicians, nursing, and ancillary staff.
- Coordinate with other health care personnel to determine nutritional needs and dietary restrictions.
- Educate health care team members including physicians and nurses as needed regarding proper nutritional care of patients and/or updates to clinical nutrition policy.
- Participate in performance improvement and/or outcome measurement initiatives within the Food & Nutrition Department, including conducting test trays and meal rounds.
- Assist the Clinical Nutrition Manager with additional responsibilities as needed, including food service management duties.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- are a Registered Dietitian credentialed with CDR and licensed in state (where applicable);
- have previous experience working in a higher education/University Campus account, corporate setting, or K-12/school environment;
- have experience working in food service operations in a managerial capacity, preferred;
- have experience in developing health-conscious menus;
- have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders at all levels;
- have the proven ability to effectively engage, motivate and influence others regarding their nutrition;
- have strong presentation skills;
- have demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the role;
- have a history of working independently with little direction; and/or
- have a commitment to continued education in the nutrition field and implementation of new and innovative ideas.
At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs, 401k, and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Finance positions in a variety of markets, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Finance jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities. The diversity of Sodexo’s client services means that your financial career can grow in a variety of directions. Whether you want to support corporate finances or support unit-level financials, you can build your career based on your interests in the varied services Sodexo offers its clients.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Responsible for providing direct comprehensive nutrition services
-Directs nutrition care of special needs population to ensure nutrition needs and customer satisfaction levels are met.
-Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction to ensure account retention.
-Manages, promotes, and educates others on food and nutrition programs according to Sodexo standards and policy.
-Collaborates and communicates with culinary and clinical departments on established processes, special diets, and menu requests and probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate Sodexo resource when necessary.
-Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. Health Dept., HIPAA/Privacy Act, Joint Commission, quality assurance, safety, operations, and personnel) by keep abreast of the most recent nutrition-related trends, research, policy, certifications, and standards of practice.
-Establishes operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to other departments.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree
Basic Functional Experience - 1 year work experience in health care including hospitals, nursing homes, assisted or independent living facilities, long-term care, retirement homes, or clinics + registered dietitian
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.