Resident District Manager
Let your passion for people be the driver of your success at Sodexo. Through your leadership, your team will make a real impact every day!
Relocation is available!
Sodexo Schools Segment is seeking a Resident District Manager (RDM) to oversee a large school partnership at Richland County School District Two, located in Columbia, SC. This position will manage the Food Service Operations of (34) K-12 Schools with a total managed volume of $11 million annually. The successful candidate will possess a demonstrated background in strong K-12 program management/execution, financial acumen and a proven history of exceptional client relationship skills.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have five plus consecutive years of food service experience in a high volume and multi-unit management environment with a strong P&L background and has had previous success managing prestigious Schools accounts.
- Previous k12 experience required.
- Will have the skills to develop exceptional client relations and strong executive presence. Superior interpersonal skills and can develop and maintain professional, positive working relationships with multiple clients, liaisons, customers, employees, supervisors and vendors.
- Will have strong communication skills and will be able to articulate ideas, thoughts, opinions, professionally and clearly within all levels of client and Sodexo's organizations.
- Will have strong time management skills and will be able to work in a matrixed environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong strategic leadership skills leading and motivating a management team
- Inspire strategic direction; secure and deploy resources; cultivate relationships with clients and other teams within Sodexo; ensure the fulfillment of all contract commitments; sustain client satisfaction and retention; and maintain strong employee relations.
- Have a strong focus on food quality and presentation as well as high end catering and retail experience as well
- Be well versed in culinary functions, food and labor cost control, food safety and sanitation
- Be technically competent in unit financial management, pricing, menu development and will be responsible for the training and development of frontline hourly employees and managers.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Functions as the central point of contact for one complex account with multiple locations, and possibly multiple contracts. Oversees performance of unit management including budget development, client relations, sales and profitability performance, conformance with company policies and procedures and staff training and development. Liaison between company resources and unit operating managers.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.