Retail and Business Development Manager (Food and Beverage Operations)
Job Listing: Retail and Business Development Manager (Food and Beverage Operations)
At Sodexo Live!, we take pride in crafting exceptional events at the most prestigious venues on the planet and creating lasting memories for fans, visitors, guests and team members. Working with Sodexo Live! is more than a job; it's a chance to be part of something greater. Here, you'll build a career where 'everyday' is anything but normal.
Our experiences are unique, and so are our people. Bring your personality, your background and your desire to delight others. In return, we'll give you all you need to thrive. After giving it all, you'll return home knowing that you've played your part in creating a truly unforgettable moment.
Location: We are seeking a Retail and Business Development Manager (Food and Beverage Operations) for our Vancouver Convention Centre operation in Vancouver, BC.
Sodexo Live! is the Official Supplier of Food and Beverage Services to the Vancouver Convention Centre. Located on Vancouver's waterfront with a dramatic mountain backdrop, the award-winning Vancouver Convention Centre offers one of the most beautiful settings in the world. As British Columbia's flagship convention centre, the facility hosts more than 500 events and welcomes hundreds of thousands of attendees each year, while generating significant economic activity for the Province.
The Retail and Business Development Manager is responsible for business development in this market segment and leading the retail team to provide the best possible client experience and delivery of service in all Retail F&B locations.
These locations include LOT185 Café & Wine Bar, Coal Harbour Café East, and express outlets for events located throughout the venue. The Retail and Business Development Manager will collaborate on developing, communicating and implementing short and long-term business strategies to drive F&B Retail sales revenue and meet or exceed the unit's overall financial goals. They will maximize sales by ensuring that guests receive an exceptional overall experience and that service expectations are met or exceeded within all unit outlets.
The Retail and Development Manager will contribute to Sodexo Live!'s goal to be #1 in Event Hospitality through the performance of activities geared toward the creation of an energized and positive work environment for Retail department employees.
- Maximize Sodexo Live!'s F&B Retail revenue and operational excellence through implementation and oversight of systems and policies related to retail operations.
- Build and maintain relationships with team members, customers, stakeholders, and industry partners offering professional and engaging service.
- Collaborate with Senior Leadership team on special projects aimed at process improvements and business innovation.
- Liaise with Culinary and Catering teams to determine menu offerings/positioning for the Retail outlets.
- Ensure that policies and procedures for processing customer transactions are adhered to.
- Ensure compliance of food handling, cleanliness and liquor control as per the Regulatory requirements and company policies.
- Contribute to goal of making Sodexo Live! #1 in Event Hospitality and the #1 Employer of Choice through personal commitment and leading by example.
- Bachelor's degree and/or appropriate combination of education and experience to support on-the-job effectiveness.
- A minimum of 4 years previous leadership experience within a diverse food and beverage environment, to include management of a large team and focus on exceptional client and customer service.
- Venue catering/concessions experience and multi-site experience strongly preferred, as this position will have responsibility over multiple locations including cafes, coffee shops, bistros and convenience locations.
- Strong working knowledge of food safety, sanitation, and general workplace safety standards with knowledge of Health Department requirements.
- Provincial Certification for Responsible Alcohol Service and Food Safety Certification.
- Demonstrated financial acumen; P&L accountability and/or contract-managed service experience is highly desirable.
- Technologically savvy, with high proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Demonstrated success in interfacing with a variety of organizational functions and divisions to accomplish tasks.
- Proven ability to work effectively with all levels of employees and management; Ability to promote and participate in team environment concepts.
- Self starter who can work independently and on several tasks/projects simultaneously, and who can contribute to functional areas of the business outside of retail operations.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Initiative in identifying and resolving problems timely and effectively.
- Able to work effectively and safely while subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!, however, only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age or any other applicable Provincially protected status.