Retail Executive Chef 2
Work for a company that cares for its people and offers opportunities for personal growth.
Sodexo is seeking a Retail Executive Chef 2 for Queen's Medical Center located in Honolulu, HI. The Queen's Medical Center was founded in 1859 by Queen Emma and King Kamehameha IV. Located in the heart of Honolulu, the 575 acute care bed hospital is the largest nonprofit hospital in the state and the only Level 1 Trauma Center in the Pacific Basin.
For more that 160 years, Queen's has been on the cutting edge of advancements in health care. That's one of the reasons why the people of Hawai'i and the Pacific Basin have entrusted us with their care. We have a legacy that is deeply woven into the culture of our communities - one of Compassion, Aloha, Respect, and Excellence.
The Retail Executive Chef will assist with overseeing all culinary operations for the Retail outlets within the hospital. The Retail Executive Chef will be an experienced chef and leader with proven ability to foster culture and mentor frontline staff, have a passion for culinary arts, and have an energetic and hands-on work ethic.
The successful candidate will:
- implement and standardize all culinary systems and procedures for hospital: Catering, Retail menus, LTO’s, STG, Mindful, garnishing, panning charts, production, puree standardization, FMS sheets, inventory control, HACCP, cleaning schedules, staffing plans, presentation and quality of food, kitchen cleanliness, safety, etc. Sodexo standards will be the benchmark;
- FMS: monitoring, Audits, implementation and standardization for new menus;
- be responsible for Food and Physical Safety and annual training for all hourly associates;
- Procurement: Work with vendors on procurement items. Responsible for purchasing manager and purchasing financial audits;
- implement innovative and fresh ideas in retail, and catering.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies;
- menu planning experience and a strong understanding of current culinary trends;
- proven to effectively communicate to multiple audiences and develop strong relationships with customers;
- the ability to successfully lead, develop and train a team;
- creative and effective problem-solving and project management skills;
- proficient computer skills as well as exceptional organizational and customer services skills.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Campus, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.