Retail Manager 2
Success is yours when you collaborate and work hard in our team-based culture.
Relocation is available!
Sodexo is seeking a Retail Manager 2 for University at Albany. The Retail Manager will be part of a team who oversees 20 employees with a volume of 12M in retail sales. This is a fast paced and exciting account and is seeking for a Retail manager who encompasses high energy, laser focused, creative and imaginative with a discriminatory eye for detail.
The successful candidate will:
- motivate, coach, mentor and develop frontline staff.
- provide stellar customer services.
- ensure company food and physical safety programs and standards are followed.
- conduct retail brand standard audits (in-house and national brands).
- maintain integrity of retail branded concept standards (national and in-house brands).
- manage the opening and closing the operation as well daily retail food service operations.
- ensure all needed signage is in place.
- maintain all product merchandising, marketing, and ordering standards are in place.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- have a work history demonstrating strong leadership skills and the ability to work collaboratively with all levels of the organization.
- possess the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and exhibit a passion for a high-level of customer service.
- exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed and/or
- demonstrate working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production, and management systems as well as menu graphics programs.
Learn more about University of Albany at https://www.albany.edu/.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Responsible for food quality & customer service in an operation that may have branded concepts or other retail offerings. Directs the work of hourly & supervisory food service workers.
- Ensures there is a zero harm mindset for ourselves, our customers, our food & employees.
- Directs daily operations of food quality & customer service in a retail food operation that may include branded concepts ensuring that employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources.
- Manages cash handling protocols & control procedures according to Sodexo policies.
- Maintains client satisfaction for food quality & customer service.
- Accountable for the execution of service quality by maintaining the highest level of delivery.
- Supervises day-to-day work activities of food service workers.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED or Equivalent
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.