Retail Manager 2
Join a great team where people are at the heart of everything we do!
Sodexo is seeking a Retail Manager 2 for Newark Beth Israel Medical Center in Newark, NJ. The Retail Manager for this location will manage and develop a team of approximately 30-35 union, front-line staff. The ideal candidate for this role must be well organized and possess strong leadership skills.
Use your passion for service to create a positive impact and make a difference in the communities we serve! SodexoMAGIC is a joint Sodexo/Magic Johnson venture. SodexoMAGIC promises to empower the communities we serve by offering best-in-class food & facilities management solutions, which create a positive impact and make a difference in the lives of our clients and customers. SodexoMAGIC offers our dedicated service via the following Sodexo segments: Corporate Services, Hospitals, K-12 Schools, Universities.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- have oversight of day-to-day operations;
- deliver high quality food service;
- achieve company and client financial targets and goals;
- develop and maintain customer relationships;
- develop strategic plans;
- create a positive environment; and
- ensure Sodexo and client standards are met.
The ideal candidate:
- Has a work history demonstrating strong leadership skills;
- Has the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- Financial ability to manage and demonstrate proven results with material costs, labor, procurement compliance and controllable expenses.
- Can demonstrate the ability to prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed.
*Sodexo offers a comprehensive benefits package! Benefits include various health insurance plans, paid time off, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, employee discounts and great opportunities for work life balance. *
Employees who work in Healthcare are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a term and condition of employment, and are required to report their vaccination status.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Responsible for food quality & customer service in an operation that may have branded concepts or other retail offerings. Directs the work of hourly & supervisory food service workers.
- Ensures there is a zero harm mindset for ourselves, our customers, our food & employees.
- Directs daily operations of food quality & customer service in a retail food operation that may include branded concepts ensuring that employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources.
- Manages cash handling protocols & control procedures according to Sodexo policies.
- Maintains client satisfaction for food quality & customer service.
- Accountable for the execution of service quality by maintaining the highest level of delivery.
- Supervises day-to-day work activities of food service workers.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED or Equivalent
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.