Retail Manager 3
Join a team that embraces your love for working with people, mentoring them as they achieve personal and professional goals.
Sodexo is looking for a Retail Manager 3 at Providence College, located in Providence, Rhode Island. Sodexo at Providence College is seeking an exceptional leader with proven results in a leadership role. The successful candidate demonstrates high energy, is laser focused, has an eye for detail and demonstrates positive leadership. This is a high profile and fast paced account with high expectations from our clients, clientele, and organization. The Retail Manager will oversee on campus hockey concessions
The ideal candidate has demonstrated history of brand management, execution, and organizational background, trouble shooting skills and will be responsible to evaluate and improve upon existing practices. The successful candidate will demonstrate knowledge of retail dining, strong organization, and execution of food offerings, while adhering to quality standards set forth by our licensed partnerships and Sodexo alike.
Ideal candidate will have experience and additional skills handling a variety of initiatives to achieve sales goals, guest satisfaction, staff training, labor management, control systems, recruiting, training a diverse and talented staff while upholding exceptional service standards.
Strong leadership skills are required to sustain strong client relationships through frequent interface with clients and the student body. The successful candidate will pro-actively seek out feedback to exceed client and guest expectations.
The right candidate will build the program with new innovative approaches and uphold the commitment to processes and protocols for standards and safety/sanitation.
Do you believe that one must not eat to live, but must live to eat? Do you want to contribute to a forward thinking, passionate, and dedicated team? Do you consider yourself to be highly guest service oriented and believe we are here to teach others about great foods and service while delivering such - then this will be the right place for you to grow your career and apply your skills by joining our Sodexo team at Providence College.
The successful candidate will:
- lead frontline teams, mentoring them in accurate cash handling, operations, open and closing processes; and/or
- train and manage department HACCP Safety Programs, Sodexo programs and daily operation standards.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a history of strong leadership and excellent communication skills;
- prior experience promoting national brands with clients and customers in a campus environment; and/or
- proven client relationship and customer service skills.
At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance.
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management and Retail Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management specializing in Retail Management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Responsible for food quality & customer service in an operation that may have branded concepts or other retail offerings. Directs the work of hourly and supervisory food service workers, as well as other managers.
- Ensures there is a zero harm mindset for ourselves, our customers, our food & employees.
- Directs daily operations of food quality & customer service in a retail food operation that may include branded concepts ensuring that employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources.
- Manages cash handling protocols & control procedures according to Sodexo policies.
- Maintains client satisfaction for food quality & customer service.
- Accountable for the execution of service quality by maintaining the highest level of delivery.
- Supervises day-to-day work activities of food service workers, supervisors & managers.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year of work experience in concessions, retail sales, or store operations
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.