Retail Manager 3
Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment where change is the only constant?
Sodexo is seeking a Retail Manager 3 for Merrimack College located in North Andover, MA.
One of the fastest-growing educational institutions in the country, Merrimack College is a selective, private college in a beautiful, residential setting — just minutes from Boston, Massachusetts.This manager will oversee all of the Retail venues on campus.
The successful candidate will:
- motivate, coach, mentor and develop frontline (hourly-paid), staff;
- provide stellar customer service;
- oversee cash handing processes, and POS programming and maintenance;
- ensure company food and physical safety programs and standards are followed;
- conduct retail brand standard audits (in-house and national brands);
- maintain integrity of retail branded concept standards (national and in-house brands);
- manage the opening and closing the operation as well daily retail food service operations;
- ensure all needed signage (including digital) is in place;
- manage vendor relationships and compliance; and/or
- maintain all product merchandising, marketing and ordering standards are in place.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a history of strong leadership and excellent communication skills;
- possess the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and exhibit a passion for a high-level of customer service;
- exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and/or
- demonstrate working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production and management systems as well as menu graphics programs
- proven client relationship and customer service skills
Learn more about Merrimack College at https://www.merrimack.edu/
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management and Retail Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Campus, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management specializing in Retail Management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Responsible for food quality & customer service in an operation that may have branded concepts or other retail offerings. Directs the work of hourly and supervisory food service workers, as well as other managers.
- Ensures there is a zero harm mindset for ourselves, our customers, our food & employees.
- Directs daily operations of food quality & customer service in a retail food operation that may include branded concepts ensuring that employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources.
- Manages cash handling protocols & control procedures according to Sodexo policies.
- Maintains client satisfaction for food quality & customer service.
- Accountable for the execution of service quality by maintaining the highest level of delivery.
- Supervises day-to-day work activities of food service workers, supervisors & managers.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year of work experience in concessions, retail sales, or store operations
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.