Retail Manager - Food and Beverage at Chicago Botanic Garden
Job Listing: Retail Manager / Hospitality Manager - Quick Serve
Nothing beats the power of being at a live event. That's why we're proud to announce the launch of Sodexo Live!, our brand dedicated to the sports, events and hospitality industry. We concentrate all of our skills, insight, and experience into one brand that instinctively knows how to make the most of every moment. Let's go Live! together.
Location: We are seeking an experienced Hospitality Manager - Quick Serve for the Chicago Botanic Garden.
The Chicago Botanic Garden opened more than 45 years ago as a beautiful place to visit, and it has matured into one of the world's great living museums and conservation science centers. Every year, more than one million people visit the Garden's 27 gardens and four natural areas, uniquely situated on 385 acres on and around nine islands, with six miles of lake shoreline.
The Hospitality Manager - Quick Serve is responsible for all aspects of Quick Serve (concessions) operations, to include but not limited to all multiple-concept food courts, permanent stands, portable carts and kiosks, in-venue restaurants, private clubs, subcontractors, and upscale suite catering.
The Hospitality Manager - Quick Serve will develop, communicate and implement seasonal and long-term business strategies to drive Quick Serve sales revenue and meet or exceed the unit's overall financial goals. He or she will be responsible to control variable labor and maximize sales by ensuring that guests receive an exceptional overall experience and that service expectations are met or exceeded within all unit outlets.
The Hospitality Manager - Quick Serve will contribute to Sodexo Live!'s goal to be #1 in Event Hospitality through the performance of activities geared toward the creation of an energized and positive work environment for Quick Serve department staff.
- Maximize Sodexo Live!'s Quick Serve revenue and operational excellence through implementation and oversight of systems and policies related to concessions operations.
- Provide leadership and direction to Quick Serve Supervisors, Leads and front line staff.
- Ensure that policies and procedures for processing customer transactions are adhered to.
- Contribute to goal of making Sodexo Live! #1 in Event Hospitality and the #1 Employer of Choice through personal commitment and leading by example.
- Bachelor's degree and/or appropriate combination of education and experience to support on-the job effectiveness.
- A minimum of 2 years of previous leadership experience within a diverse food and beverage environment, to include management of a large staff and focus on exceptional client and customer service.
- Venue catering/concessions experience and multi-site experience strongly preferred, as this position will have responsibility over multiple locations including cafes, coffee shops, bistros and convenience locations.
- Strong working knowledge of food safety, sanitation, and general workplace safety standards with knowledge of Health Department requirements.
- Demonstrated financial acumen; P&L accountability and/or contract-managed service experience is highly desirable.
- Technologically savvy, with high proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Demonstrated success in interfacing with a variety of organizational functions and divisions to accomplish tasks.
- Proven ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and management; Ability to promote and participate in team environment concepts.
- Self starter who can work independently and on several tasks/projects simultaneously, and who can contribute to functional areas of the business outside of retail operations.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Initiative in identifying and resolving problems timely and effectively.
- Subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.