Retail Operations Manager
Fast-Paced. Never Boring. You thrive on the variety that each day brings.
Sodexo Universities is seeking a Retail Operations Manager - University Dining to support Washington University in St. Louis, MO!!
Washington University in St. Louis’ campuses are located near the cultural center of St. Louis, surrounded by and adjacent to museums, performance venues, vibrant entertainment and dining districts, one of the nation’s largest civic parks, and beautiful, tree-lined neighborhoods rich in history and diversity.
The campuses are well served by the region’s light rail and bus service, and have easy access to major interstate highways. In total, more than 2,000 acres and more than 150 major buildings comprise the university.
As the Retail Operations Manager, you will have oversight of multiple food retail locations and drive strategic growth with both internal brands and National Retail Brands. We are looking for an innovative leader who is comfortable with technology advances and learning new retail programs.
Successful candidates will have the knowledge of HACCP and safety standards, ability to control cost of goods and train staff on proper standards. Candidates should also have working knowledge of scheduling, cost control and food service operations. Seeking candidates with the ability to drive and foster an innovative team while managing high volume, and ability to work well with management team and staff.
The successful candidate will:
- have oversight of day-to-day operations;
- deliver high quality food service;
- achieve company and client financial targets and goals;
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships;
- develop strategic plans;
- create a positive environment; and/or
- ensure Sodexo standards are met.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have a work history demonstrating strong employee engagement leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- have culinary production experience and a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance;
- can manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and/or
- demonstrate working knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS) The Market Connection (TMC) and is proficient in computer skills and report management experience.
Learn more about WashU: https://wustl.edu/
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management and Catering positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management specializing in Catering. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years of experience in retail operations
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.