Senior Applications Architect
Sodexo, Inc.: Technical Solutions Architect – North Bethesda, MD
- Lead the coordination and implementation of technology systems that enable the core business process for Healthcare division, including patient feeding systems, food production systems, data collection and dashboarding and mobile and digital solutions.
- Develop the technical strategy for a suite of applications and manage the technical relationship with external vendors.
- Work with business analysts to refine business requirements based on technical feasibility; develop prototypes; ensure that technical specifications are kept current during the development process and ensure that the estimates in the technical specification are accurate
- Lead the application architecture and integration efforts for enterprise level and point solution systems related to the Healthcare Patient and Retail Systems strategy.
- Perform 'hands-on’ work which includes design, development, testing and may include the direction of offshore resources.
- Evaluate the costs and benefits of various solutions using different technologies, for example, hardware versus software versus manual, and assure that the system performs according to the user's expectations.
- Interface with multiple stakeholders within Sodexo to understand the various levels of requirements, the domain, the viable technologies, and anticipated development.
- Determine multiple design alternatives, assessing such alternatives based on all identified constraints (such as cost, schedule, space, power, safety, usability, reliability, maintainability, availability, and so on), and selecting the most suitable options for further design.
- Perform cost–benefit analyses to determine whether requirements are best met by manual, software, or hardware functions; making maximum use pre-existing already developed SDX systems.
- Maintain the full suite of data flow diagrams and architecture.
- Develop documentation and bridge strategies for support and connection to the standard backbones for mainstream architecture.
- Assist in maintenance of the strategic roadmap of technologies and data integration, through coordination with key stakeholders.
- Coordinate with the Enterprise Architecture team to ensure planning is in line with direction of the Enterprise roadmap.
- Other duties as assigned within area of responsibility.
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, MIS or in a closely related technical field and five years post baccalaureate experience in any position/occupation providing progressively responsible systems architecture experience.
Prior experience must include:
- 3 years’ experience with Integration platforms
- 5 years’ experience with healthcare or similar systems, business concepts and fundamentals
- 5 years’ experience with food, retail or patient technology solutions
- 5 years experience in Application Development and IT Infrastructure
- Any amount of experience with or demonstrated knowledge of Project Management and Technical Resource Management.
Up to 100% telecommuting authorized; position may be performed anywhere in the US.
SALARY: $143,458 - $162,100/year + annual incentive program
LOCATION: 915 Meeting Street, North Bethesda, MD 20852
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years of experience as a senior software developer, applications architect or applications systems analyst programmer including 3 years project management
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.