Senior Buyer, Purchasing
Your future is InReach!
Join our mission to transform the convenience industry by putting people first and obsessing about extraordinary food and drinks. We just can’t bear the thought of being boring. We like to have fun and be a bit quirky. We work in a buzzword-free zone. We look for what’s new, what’s next, and what the future holds…we invite you to be part of our exciting future.
With InReach, you get to be a hero to clients and guests every day. We’re all about phenomenal service and technology that fosters everyone’s trust.
Our culture is to do the right thing – always. We are a diverse group, and we are all about inclusion, wellness, sustainability and supporting local partners. Reducing single-use plastics, feeding the hungry, responsible sourcing, community assistance, and using products and ingredients with a lower carbon footprint – it’s all part of who we are, and it’s embedded in our daily actions.
Sodexo InReach has an exciting opening for a Senior Buyer to join our team. The ideal candidate will purchase goods in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets. Ensure continuous supply of required goods and communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact on business operations.
This position is a hybrid role in the Austin, TX area, with potential of fully remote for the right candidate.
The successful candidate will:
- Procure goods from suppliers for redistribution to clients through various warehouses throughout the country
- Act as a central support arm for each of our distribution centers
- Monitor market trends and competitor strategies
- Research and evaluate areas of opportunity and reduce costs where possible
- Deliver updates and reports as and when required
- Develop creative and innovative procurement processes
- Develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement
- Explore alternate sources for goods and materials
- Assess tenders and quotations from potential suppliers
- Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues
- Stay current and up to date on any changes that may affect the supply and demand of needed products and materials and advise others of any impact
- Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and ensure good communications
We are looking for candidates who possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Minimum 3 years of purchasing experience
- Microsoft Excel – Intermediate/Advanced skill level
- Power BI a plus
- Food purchasing experience highly desired
This could be the start of something good. Let’s make it happen.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer positions that support a variety of career goals working in diverse business segments, including Corporate Headquarters, Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search today.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
A Senior Buyer, Equipment and Furnishing manages medium scale projects with an increased scope of service and a broad range of customers and vendors. Provides specification knowledge and procurement services on Equipment, Furniture, and Fixtures in an effort to increase sales. Manages a diverse team of Buyers with individual revenue targets that support the department overall financial goals.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years of experience in purchasing or related field
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Pay: $59,300 to $89,760/year
$59300 to $89760
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 968979